Contributed by Konica Minolta, CU Quarterly, June 2012
Maintaining an IT department can be too expensive, time consuming and inefficient for smaller companies. To obtain a competitive edge, consider partnering with an IT outsourcing company that will give your business access to the affordable technology resources it needs.
By partnering with an IT outsourcing company, your business will realize the following ten benefits:
1. Focus on Core Business Functions. Instead of distracting staff with IT related tasks,
consider partnering with an IT services provider that can take care of your company’s technology needs much more efficiently and affordably, while also freeing up staff to focus on revenue-generating opportunities.
2. Tap Economies of Scale. Technology services providers can consolidate purchasing power and give your business access to affordable solutions.
3. Reduce Costs. The cost of one full time employee can be expensive when the costs for recruiting, training, paid time off, etc. are taken into account. By outsourcing with an IT services provider, salary costs can be controlled and budgeted.
4. Access Specialized Talent. The rapidly changing technology landscape can be difficult to navigate. By outsourcing with an IT services company, your business will gain access to expertise that would be too expensive to develop internally. Professional IT services providers can offer your company a team of IT specialists that will affordably deliver the cross-sectional IT knowledge that it needs.
5. Obtain On-Demand Resources. Your business needs the agility to easily add or subtract IT resources for projects and changing day-to-day support needs. A professional IT services provider can provide on-demand resources and give your business the flexibility it needs to operate optimally.
6. Improve Productivity. With the right technology solutions, your staff can communicate, collaborate and share knowledge. By working with an IT services provider, your business can properly plan, implement and maintain the best solutions to support employee productivity.
7. Reduce Downtime. IT systems downtime can cost your business. By partnering with an IT services provider, your business can achieve maximized uptime with planned approaches to pro-active systems maintenance, security, backup and disaster recovery, remote systems monitoring and 24/7 response capabilities.
8. Realize a Competitive Edge. Because IT services providers keep up with the latest information technologies, they know how to implement the latest technology solutions. Partnering with an IT services provider will give your business access to experts and help it realize a distinct advantage over your competitors.
9. Attract and Retain Employees. Employees expect access to technology that will help them be successful in fulfilling their job duties. Utilizing a professional IT services provider will ensure that your employees have access to the newest technologies while increasing your company’s ability to attract and retain top talent.
10. Access Vendor Support. As a smaller business, it can be difficult to gain access to product support. By partnering with a reputable IT services provider that has established relationships with IT manufacturers and vendors such as Microsoft and Cisco, your business will have access to the support it needs.