Over the last decade, managed services programs (MSP) have proliferated among Fortune 1000s and smaller corporations to help them manage their contingent workforce. Today these companies want, and need, more.
“Clients today realize MSPs that were put in place five to ten years ago need updating. These first generation MSPs have squeezed their suppliers to the max and reduced providers… but now they need more. A second generation of MSP is expected to solve complete talent acquisition,” said Volt Consulting Group President Rhona Driggs in her latest article “Second Generation MSP.”
Are You Ready for a Change?
So, how do you know when your organization is ready for a change? Check out the list of questions I use when talking to members about updating their MSP programs.
- Is your MSP conducting regularly scheduled supplier sourcing events to ensure you have the best-in-class suppliers?
- Is your MSP proactively bringing program enhancements to your attention, and keeping you aware of best practices and new industry alternatives?
- Is your MSP regularly evaluating their Vendor Management System partner, to ensure they have the most robust technology to support your business?
- Is your MSP ensuring compliance within your organization?
- Does your MSP provide you with exclusive and dedicated resources, or only support you with shared services?
Did you answer “no” to any of these? Then it is probably time to be considering your options.
Read the full article from CU partner Volt Consulting Group to find out how other organizations are updating their MSPs.