All day the workers in your facility are on your floor, working on it, stepping on it, running machines on it, storing equipment and inventory on it, possibly driving necessary vehicles across it. With all of this heavy use, it can be easy to overlook, and dangerous to ignore, necessary precautions.
When you take good care of your roof, you are making an investment in your building. Roof leaks can lead to structural damage and can harm the products and materials inside your facility. While some damage is visible at the roof surface, the untrained eye will miss larger, more costly issues to repair, such as hail damage or moisture in the insulation layers.
Did you know that AEDs in public places improve the chances of survival from sudden cardiac arrest? As the #1 killer in the workplace resulting in over 300,000 deaths each year, sudden cardiac arrest can strike anywhere, anytime. Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are life-saving devices critical in the event a Sudden Cardiac Arrest occurs during the workday. Gain a better understanding of why your organization should be prepared with an AED Program.
Let’s face it – life-threatening emergencies happen, and unfortunately no business is immune. But, what do you really know about these types of situations and what it takes to be prepared?
On average, there are more heat related fatalities per year in the United States than any other weather event. There are even more heat-related illnesses. According to the National Weather Service, heat accounts for 130 victims per year, the only weather event to reach a triple digit 30-year average.
When it comes to purchasing MRO for your facility, inadequate or inaccurate data can create spend chaos plagued by stock-outs and over-purchasing. Managing MRO inventory is critical to identify waste and recognize cost reductions as 70% of MRO spend is committed to MRO inventory.
$500 billion is spent annually on MRO (maintenance, repair and operations) in the U.S, making MRO a target category for procurement to manage. Approximately 30% of MRO spend is on non-inventory industrial purchases; the other 70% is committed to MRO inventory.
Matt Narens is a Category Development Manager within the Facilities Category at OMNIA Partners and was recently named a 2017 Pro to Know by Supply & Demand Chain Executive.