Toter® introduced its first product in the 1960s: an automated cart system for curbside garbage collection. Since then, Toter has been recognized as the leading manufacturer of two-wheeled carts for curbside automated waste, recycling and organics collection by cities, private waste haulers and recyclers. Today, Toter is the top-selling cart brand for the curbside collection of waste, recycling, and organics, and manufactures organics carts, caster carts, stationary containers, front-load containers, tilt trucks, cart lifters, and more for a variety of markets. In 2007, Toter joined the Wastequip family, the leading North American manufacturer of waste handling and recycling equipment.
The Patented Process That Makes a Toter® Cart a Toter Cart.
Toter's engineers and designers developed—and patented—a revolutionary breakthrough in rotational molding known as Advanced Rotational Molding™. It’s how we were able to create the world's toughest carts.
Advanced Rotational Molding™ eliminates built-in stress, weakness and brittleness associated with injection molded products. In addition, Toter’s use of linear medium density polyethylene (MDPE) is specifically engineered for toughness and high-impact resistance. In contrast, injection-molded carts are made with high density polyethylene (HDPE), which is rigid, brittle and offers poor impact resistance.
- Superior toughness and durability
- Single-piece product design – no seams
- Consistent wall thickness
- Stress-free, zero-pressure product
- Unique design and structural capabilities like Rugged Rim, sealed stop bar journals, and granite finish
- UV stable
- Custom colors
- Corrosion- and chemical-resistant
- Ability to mold in graphics
- Industry-leading 12-Year Body Warranty.
- Available in 21-, 24-, 32-, 35-, 48-, 64- and 96-gallon sizes
- Virtually maintenance-free carts with the lowest lifecycle cost in the industry
- Rugged Rim® design and bottom wear strip provide added strength
- Universal design is compatible with automated and semi-automated lifters
- Available ready-to-roll – fully assembled – for reduced labor and delivery expense
- More flexible and impact resistant than injection molded carts
- Available in a variety of colors and textures with hot stamp options
- RFID Cart Management Solutions
- Available in 2-, 3- and 4-cubic yard sizes.
- Nest fully assembled for easier shipping and storage.
- 100% plastic rotationally molded body provides maximum impact resistance
- Last up to 3X longer than steel containers
- Steel-rod-reinforced rim and base prevent bowing
- Lift pockets feature an integrated design to distribute weight across the entire face, providing greater pocket strength
- Easy to clean & requires no painting
- Leak-proof design
- Lighter weight than steel containers for easier maneuverability
- Will not rust; perfect for environments where corrosion is a concern
- Quick change caster brackets
- Truck-mounted lifters for residential waste and recycling use.