AWS Premier Consulting PartnerAs a Premier Consulting Partner for Amazon Web Services (AWS), DLT helps make the path to the cloud seamless and cost efficient for state and local agencies and education institutions. By leveraging the AWS Cloud, agencies can reduce costs, improve service delivery and increase productivity across the entire organization.
- Expert knowledge and advice to identify appropriate AWS solutions, and to design, implement, and manage the cloud environment that meets your organization’s unique needs
- Managed services and support to ensure continuity and consistency within your environment, as well as AWS billing expertise
- Fast and cost-effective means to procure reliable, cloud-ready AWS solutions
AWS has received an Agency Authority to Operate from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services under the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) at the Moderate impact level. With this certification, users can leverage the AWS environment to quickly and securely move applications and workloads to the cloud, while reducing the need for costly and redundant security authorizations.
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract’s approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Technology Products, Services, Solutions, and Related Products and Services
Lead AgencyCounty of Fairfax, Virginia
3 year initial term, May 1, 2016 – April 30, 2019
Option to renew for (4) additional (1) year periods or any combination thereof
The contract is renewed for two (2) years, effective May 1, 2019 through April 30, 2021
- RFP 2000001701
- RFP 2000001701 Addendum 1
- RFP 2000001701 Addendum 2
- RFP 2000001701 Addendum 3
- RFP 2000001701 Posting Document
Phone: (703) 773-9236
COMPUTE & NETWORKINGAmazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud.
- Allows users to obtain and configure capacity with minimal friction
- Provides users with complete control of computing resources
- Reduces time required to obtain and boot new server instances (within minutes)
- Is highly scalable and can be configured to auto-scale as workload requirements grow or shrink
Amazon Work Spaces is a fully managed desktop computing service in the cloud that enables end-users to quickly and easily access documents, applications and other resources.
- Allows users to easily provision cloud-based desktops at a low cost
- Eliminates the complexity of maintaining, patching, and managing large physical desktop environments
- Supports multiple devices, including laptops, iPads, Kindle Fires, and Android tablets
STORAGE & CONTENT DELIVERYAmazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) is a highly durable and available data storage infrastructure that allows users to store and retrieve any amount of data, at any time, from anywhere on the web.
- Allows users to write, read, and delete objects containing 1 byte to 5 terabytes of data
- Provides unlimited storage of objects and flexible options for managing data
- Includes authentication mechanisms for ensuring data is kept secure from unauthorized access
- Is optimized for data that is infrequently accessed
- Allows users to reliably store large or small amounts of data for as little as $0.01/GB per month
- Requires no upfront capital investment
- Uses a network of secure edge locations to lower latency and give users the high, sustained data transfer rates they need
- Allows users to only pay for the content delivered, without minimum commitments or upfront fees
- Automatically responds as demand increases or decreases without any user intervention
AWS GOVCLOUDAmazon Web Services (AWS) GovCloud is an isolated AWS Region that provides users with specialized cloud solutions designed to address sensitive data requirements and security regulations.
- Addresses specific regulatory and compliance requirements
- Adheres to U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Is FedRAMP-compliant
- Is appropriate for all government agencies, contractors, and systems integrators
DATABASEAmazon Relational Database Services (Amazon RDS) is a web service that makes it easy to set-up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud.
- Provides cost-efficient and resizable capacity
- Gives users access to the familiar capabilities of MySQL, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, and PostgreSQL database engine
- Automatically patches software and backs up the database
- Is highly flexible
- Makes it simple and cost-effective to analyze data using existing business intelligence tools
- Is optimized for datasets ranging from a few hundred gigabytes to a petabyte or more
- Costs less than $1,000/TB per year
ENTERPRISE APPLICATIONSAgencies of all sizes are moving their business applications to the AWS Cloud to lower costs, deploy more quickly, and simplify infrastructure management. With AWS, users can choose between installing and configuring their own applications or launching entire software stacks from Oracle, SAP, and others – all while utilizing existing licenses.
- Cost: Save money and avoid up-front capital expenses by paying only for the resources used.
- Scalability: Automatically add thousands of virtual machines and seamlessly scale to handle virtually any number of users.
- Flexibility: Take advantage of an open and flexible platform that allows users to move data in and out anytime and run virtually any application. Users choose the operating system, programming language, or database that makes the most sense for a particular agency.
- Security: AWS is a secure, durable platform with industry-recognized certifications and audits such as FISMA Moderate, HIPAA and ITAR compliant controls.
BIG DATAToday, almost everything generates data. AWS makes it easy to
- Ease of Use: Launch clusters in minutes and enjoy the benefits of automatic provisioning, set-up and configuration.
- Elasticity: Provision one, hundreds or thousands of compute instances to process data at any scale.
- Reliability: Automatically replace poorly performing instances and retry failed tasks.
DISASTER RECOVERY ARCHIVEThe AWS Cloud enables faster disaster recovery of critical IT systems without the added infrastructure expense of a physical second site.
- No Tape: costs associated with transporting, storing and retrieving tape media and backup software.
- Elasticity: Add, expire and delete any amount of data, quickly and easily.
- Security: Store data on a secure and durable technology platform with industry-recognized certifications and audits.
AWS expedites HPC workloads on elastic resources and saves money by choosing from low-cost, pay-as-you-go pricing models that match utilization needs.
HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPUTING
- Cost: the cost and complexity of procuring and managing expensive hardware and software.
- Elasticity: Add or remove resources quickly and simply to meet utilization needs.
- Scalability: Increase speed of innovation with the ability to provision resources within minutes.
As a Premier Consulting Partner for AWS, we are able to provide the following services:
DLT and AWS work together to ensure you are quickly up and running in the cloud. Implementation includes design, installation, configuration, training, and support remote or on premise delivery by one of our senior engineers. Our partnership enables agencies to be cloud-ready as quickly as possible by addressing all aspects of cloud computing in a documented, organized, and easy to digest manner.
Built on Amazon Web Services’ (AWS) proven framework, our cloud platform offerings allow you to rapidly procure IT services, scale up or down as needed and release when finished, resulting in the perfect mix of cost savings, improved service deliverability, and increased productivity for your agency. DLT Managed Services supports the entire life cycle of services for the AWS platform. From design and implementation to management and support, we offer a unique “train-mentor-deliver” approach that guarantees rapid customer adoption and maximum self-efficiency.
DLT also provides our customers with ongoing managed services including support, monitoring and maintenance, to ensure continuity and consistency within your cloud environment.
To ensure continuity and consistency within your cloud environment, we offer a 24x7x365 U.S.–citizen, U.S.–soil, ITAR compliant Service Center to support complex case resolution.
Our accredited DLT Service Center provides:
- Monitoring, management and remote assistance for your cloud instances
- Single 1-888 number for all services and product-impact alerts
- Support calls answered by a live person
- Web portal access
- Monitoring of all service activity
- Specialized reporting and analysis
Need to know if you're ready for the cloud? Consult this handy checklist to find out!
Use these benchmarks to identify where you stand in relation to your vision for the Cloud; where you want to be; and a roadmap for getting there. Learn more about building cloud maturity in government.
Through DLT, Amazon Web Services offers a wide range of technology to fit your cloud computing needs. We would be happy to discuss the product sets with you further. Please contact us at email@example.com or 1-866-2226-3111.
How do I find out more information and/or place an order with DLT Solutions?
To find out more information and for assistance with placing an order, please contact us at:
Pricing: For questions on pricing and licensing questions, please contact us using the information above.
How does U.S. Communities make purchasing AWS products and services easier?
DLT's contract offers one-stop shopping for the full array of AWS Cloud products and associated AWS technical services. Participating customers are able to work with one single DLT licensing specialist across all product areas, which simplifies and streamlines the product selection and procurement process. Our US Communities contract includes pre-negotiated pricing, terms and conditions.
Does the U.S. Communities contract also include services?
Yes. Services for select AWS products and services are offered through U.S. Communities. Please contact a DLT Solutions representative to discuss your needs.
I already have an AWS rep. Does this mean I will have a new one?
DLT has been working in tandem with AWS and its national network of sales representatives for over five years. U.S. Communities provides us with an excellent opportunity to work alongside your representative to solve your IT needs. Our contract offers one-stop shopping for the full array of AWS Cloud products and associated AWS technical services with pre-negotiated pricing, terms and conditions.
Our trained licensing specialists can assist in navigating through the contract and the products offered as well as the procurement process.
I am a current AWS customer. Are Software and Hardware support/maintenance renewals included in the contract?
Yes. Please contact your DLT representative to discuss migrating your renewal contract to U.S. Communities.