KONE is a global supplier of vertical transportation products and modernization services. KONE specializes in elevators, escalators, moving walks and ramps. They design, manufacture,
KONE’s primary goal is to ensure maximum availability and protect the integrity of your asset all while ensuring the safest possible environment in and around your equipment. KONE Service Technicians have the integrity, expertise
With a nationwide team of dedicated vertical transportation professionals, KONE can assist with all your service, repair and modernization needs.
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract’s approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Maintenance, Repair, Modernization & New Construction
City of Kansas City, Mo
6 year initial term, December 1, 2018 - November 30, 2024
Option to renew (5) additional (1) year periods
- Contract EV2516
- EV2516 Terms & Conditions
- EV2516 Attachment D: Scope of Services
- EV2516 Attachment F: Insurance
- EV2516 Exhibit 4
Elevator and Escalator Maintenance and Services
City and County of Denver, Colorado
5 year contract term, April 1, 2014 - March 31, 2019
No renewal options.
- Proactive, predictive, and preventative maintenance programs to prolong the useful life of elevators and escalators
- KONE maintains all competitors’ equipment, in fact, over 60% of the equipment serviced was not manufactured by KONE
- Modernization and upgrades through asset management planning for all vertical transportation
- KONE Online: Web-based elevator tracking performance system
- 24/7 Connected Services with IBM Watson
- KONE Customer Care Center Available to Answer Service Requests 24/7/365
- Elevator phone monitoring
- KONE Spares: Inventory of over 15,000 parts and negotiated agreements with over 1,000 suppliers
- Life Cycle Management Programs
- Safety and Risk Mitigation Programs
- Design Specification and Support for New Equipment and Modernization
The purpose of KONE modernization solutions is quite simple: to increase the value of your asset by keeping the elevators and escalators running safely and reliably for the lifetime of your building.
KONE EcoSpace™ EB
Full Replacement for Existing Buildings
Rejuvenate your building by replacing your existing elevator with brand new technology, aesthetics and safety devices without modifications to your building's structure. Benefits:
- Owner: Minimized building disruption, increased property value, accommodates reduced pit depth and overhead.
- Tenants: Smoother, quieter ride, no hydraulic oil odor, optimum stopping accuracy, sophisticated car features.
- Environment: No hydraulic oil, energy-efficient, recycle existing elevator where feasible, minimizes building materials.
Escalator modernization solution offers an innovative and systematic approach to replacing the entire workings of your escalators, delivering brand new technology without expensive, disruptive truss removal. Benefits:
- Reduced energy consumption and operating costs
- Newer equipment is easier to maintain safely
- Improved safety features provide a secure ride
- Download the brochure to learn more
Performance & Reliability
Over 70% of elevator service calls are caused by faulty or worn-out door components. That’s why KONE ReNova
- Offer among the fastest open and close times in the industry. Faster doors mean quicker floor-to-floor times and shorter waits for passengers.
- Are designed and tested
reliablefor 800,000 elevator starts a year. That’s almost four times the typical demand.
- Can reduce operating noise by 50%, compared to conventional operators.
KONE’s elevator solutions are designed with effectiveness at the forefront, not only to provide the best people flow in and around
KONE MonoSpace Elevators
Twenty years ago, we pioneered the revolutionary machine room-less elevator. The renewed KONE MonoSpace® machine room-less elevator combines our proven eco-efficient technology with ride-comfort and design innovations. Our goal is to create a user experience that both
Our renewed solution has a number of eco-efficient features and options.
- Enhanced KONE EcoDisc® hoisting machinery makes elevator operation more energy efficient than ever.
- Eco-efficient regenerative drive technology recycles energy for immediate reuse within a building and can cut elevator energy consumption by up to 20%.
- Modern LED lighting is up to 80% more efficient and lasts up to 10 times longer than halogen lighting.
- Advanced standby solutions cut energy consumption by powering down the equipment when it’s not in use.
A smooth and quiet ride - the KONE MonoSpace® elevator solution is designed to deliver industry-leading ride comfort year after year.
- Every elevator we install complies with our strict ride-comfort standards.
- Enhanced machinery and brakes ensure smooth acceleration and deceleration, accurate leveling, and a quiet, comfortable ride.
- Optimized hoisting system cuts noise and vibration inside the car for remarkably quiet operation.
- Robust car structure and noise isolation features further reduce noise inside the car for a
high qualityuser experience
KONE Elevator Offering:
|KONE Elevators||Building Floors|
|KONE MonoSpace 500||2 – 5 Landings|
|KONE MonoSpace 700||2 – 36 Landings|
|KONE MiniSpace||20 – 36 Landings|
Learn more about our design tools, planning consultation support and professional project management.
- Industry Leader in Innovation, Technology & Design
- Professional Sales & Operations Staff
- No Cost Surveys for Maintenance & Asset Management Planning
- Design Specification & Support for New Equipment & Modernization
- Expertise in both KONE & Non-KONE Equipment
- National Technical Support for OEM & Non-OEM Equipment
- KONE Spares OEM Parts Available 24/7
- KONE Customer Care Center Available to Answer Service Requests 24/7/365
- Providing Elevator Emergency Phone Monitoring
- Highly-Trained Multi-Lingual Call Center Agents
- KONE Online™ Web-Based Reporting System
- Real-Time Tracking of Equipment Status
- Customized Reporting Delivered Automatically
- Accounts Receivable & Online Invoice Review
- 24/7 Connected Services with IBM Watson
- Dynamic Dispatching Utilizing GPS Technology
- Quickest to Site for Callouts or Emergencies
- Efficient and Flexible Maintenance Route Planning
- Safety Locator to Ensure Technician Safety & Support
- Passenger Safety/Risk Mitigation Programs
- Life Cycle Asset Management Program for Code & Performance Upgrades
- Capital Planning Tool for Long-Term Asset Allocation
- Annual Audits to Review Performance and Code Enhancements
How do I convert my current agreement to the new City of Kansas City agreement?
Please contact KONE by:
New CustomersHow do I place an order with KONE?
- You must be a registered participant to utilize the contract. If not, please Register to Participate.
- To order once registered, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 276-8691.
- Your request will be forwarded to Kone’s National Account Team for follow-up within 48 hours.
How do I know KONE can properly support all of my different types of equipment?
KONE currently maintains over 140,000 units in North America. Over 60% of these units were originally manufactured by other companies. Elevators, escalators, power walks, dumbwaiters, handicap lifts
Can KONE obtain parts for my equipment? (We have some very old units.)
KONE Spares serves as the national distribution center for the necessary maintenance and repair parts used by KONE Branch Offices. Spares
What happens if I have special or unique terms & conditions that are mandated to be included in my contract by our legal staff?
By utilizing the contract terms in place, the cycle time for contract approval is reduced dramatically. When public agencies have a need for special terms and conditions, we will address these on a case by case basis.
What if my elevators and escalators will be coming off of existing contracts on different dates?
Multiple or staggered contract dates are not a problem. We are happy to survey and contract for the units that are available now and add units when the current contract expires. This can also be streamlined by using a simple
What if we have a unit that is removed or taken out of service or if we sell a building and have to take units off the contract?
This is not a problem. We know circumstances will change over the course of a contract and units can be added or deleted from the contract for reasons such as modernization, building closures, unit decommissioning or units that are no longer used. We can also assist with proper and code required decommissioning if needed. This process can be completed by utilizing Exhibit 4.
Can KONE provide additional services for my capital expenditures needs or does the contract just apply to maintenance?
It applies to maintenance, repair, modernization and new construction for all vertical transportation equipment. These scopes are detailed in the master contract and available to public agencies regardless of whether they currently have an active maintenance contract in place with KONE. These services can be utilized on a project basis (individualized/separate) without further commitment from the public agency on other services.
I noticed that the City of Kansas City agreement has specific MBE/WBE requirements. Do we have to include similar requirements for my contract?
No, this is specific to the City of KC agreement. It will be up to each public agency to determine if certain requirements such as MBE/WBE are to be included in their agreement.
Why should I consider using KONE for elevator services under this contract? Through this program, you receive the following benefits:
- Eliminate costly, time-consuming RFP processes for maintenance, repair, modernization
- OMNIA Partners contract includes discounted billing rates
- Each agency maintains control and quality of the purchasing process, which allows flexibility to meet their specific needs
- New contract term establishes a strategic partnership with each public agency that will provide stability and confidence during the life of the contract
Can you explain KONE’s pricing structure?
Elevator maintenance and repair is unique for each customer, so pricing is dramatically affected by age, condition, environment, duty, scope
KONE professionals will perform a no cost no obligation survey of your facilities to determine the most appropriate service program to enhance the operation and dependability of your equipment. We will then consult with your team to understand any unique circumstances or special needs so we can develop a value-based proposal that includes options for short- and long-term considerations to provide or enhance safety, reliability, performance, and protect the integrity of your equipment.
National labor rates and material markups are identified in Exhibit 3 of the Master Contract.
End User Safety
Elevator and escalator users have a responsibility when using the equipment to use the equipment in a safe manner. For example, children should be properly supervised when using both elevators and escalators, and large items such as baby strollers, heavy luggage, or shopping carts should not be transported on escalators. Below are some helpful tips.
Elevator and Escalator Do’s and Don'ts
Using an elevator or escalator properly helps provides for a safe and comfortable ride for everyone. Follow these simple guidelines to prevent injuries and enhance safety.
What to do if the elevator stops?
In some cases, simple and fast checks are enough to put the elevator back into operation and could save you from what might have otherwise been an additional charge. Before placing a call to the KONE Customer Care Center, please check the following items:
- Is the Stop button activated?
- Are all key switches in the normal 'run' position?
- Is the Independent Service switch in the 'on' position?
- Is the elevator on Fireman Service?
- Is there an object (gum, paper, etc.) obstructing the infrared door detector or photo eye?
- Wipe down the infrared door detector or photo eye with a dry cloth.
- Is there an object (screw, coin, etc.) in the door sill or track, preventing the door from closing?
- Are the doors properly closed at all floors?
- Is the machine room dry and at normal room temperature?
- For hydraulic elevators, run the car several times to heat up the oil in the power unit and ensure correct operation.
If your equipment is not operational after checking the above items, place a service call with the KONE Customer Care Center.
Tropical Storm and Hurricane Preparedness for Elevators
As we near the height of
KONE has developed a before, during, and after safety checklist to follow in preparation for a storm/hurricane. For example, before a hurricane, it is important to check all sump pumps, float switches, and alarms in elevator pits. During a hurricane, elevators should be parked at the top floor of the hoistway, with the main breaker switched off. After the storm, inspect every part of the elevator for