Big Truck Rental features the only nationally serviced and maintained refuse rental fleet in the industry. And our premium fleet boasts only the newest trucks—averaging 18 months or less.
With the broadest selection of refuse truck rentals and the ability to deliver in 48 hours, we are the most reliable and flexible resource when it comes to meeting the current and future needs of your fleet.
Remove the roadblocks that can often burden a municipality…rising maintenance costs, downtime on aging trucks in your fleet, high costs of keeping back-up trucks in inventory, and capital constraints on replacing your fleet in a timely manner. With OMNIA Partners and Big Truck Rental, your organization can have immediate access to reliable vehicles without the hassles of time-consuming traditional procurement methods.
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract's approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Equipment Rentals and Related Products and Services
City of Charlotte, NC
Contract Number: 2019000319
Five year initial term: November 1, 2018 - October 31, 2023
Option to renew for (2) additional (2) year periods
- RFP 269-2018-047
- RFP 269-2018-047 Addendum 1
- RFP 269-2018-047 Addendum 2
- RFP 269-2018-047 Postings Document
For all refuse rental needs of 6 months or longer, Big Truck Rental has you covered. Our long-term garbage rental programs are designed to be flexible, nimble and, most importantly, adaptable to your growing and changing business. From aging fleets to balance sheet flexibility, Big Truck Rental's modern approach to fleet management gives you the nimbleness to grow or shrink your fleet, so you can efficiently operate your business.
Long-term rentals can be a particularly valuable and strategic asset when considering how to manage your fleet and business:
- Predictable Maintenance Costs
- Reliable Performance
- Elimination of Costly, Aging Trucks
- Lack of New Truck Availability
- Route Growth & Changes
Complete Fleet Garbage Truck Rental Plans
Not enough capital to upgrade your fleet? Consider BTR’s Complete Fleet Rental program. Get access to an immediate fleet upgrade and consistent monthly cost, without the burden of traditional truck-buying headaches.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
1. Immediate Fleet Upgrade
- Select trucks from Big Truck Rental’s extensive residential or commercial fleet
- Flex your dedicated fleet up or down to meet volume or business needs
- Need immediate capital? – Option to have BTR purchase your existing fleet
2. Focus on Serving Customers
- Only OEM-recommended preventative maintenance required
- Trucks will be covered under warranty for duration of program
- Need maintenance support? – Option to have BTR provide preventative maintenance
3. New Fleet Every 18 Months
- BTR transportation team will coordinate pickup of existing fleet and replace with new trucks
- Need changes? – Option to change the type or brand of truck
Big Truck Rental delivers supportive, flexible and dependable out-of-the box solutions customized to your unique needs. We strive to be your "any time, any way" truck solution. To do that, we offer the broadest selection of refuse truck rentals and the ability to deliver in 48 hours.
Our front loader garbage trucks are built to take care of business in commercial route applications. They have the functionality and reliability to make your routes easier and more efficient.
- 40 yard McNeilus Atlantic and Heil Half Pack Bodies
- Mack and Peterbilt Tandem Axle Chassis
- 20,000 lb. Front Axle and 46,000 lb. Rear Axle
The ultimate go-to for flexibility. Known for delivering superior durability and reliability, with the efficiency and lower total cost of ownership.
- 20 and 25 Yard Heil PT 1000/Durapack 5000 and McNeilus 2010/2511 Bodies
- Freightliner and Peterbilt Chassis
- 16,000/20,000 lb. Front Axle & 40,000/46,000 Rear Axle
- Cart Tipper and Reeving Cylinder
With the industry's most innovative side loader garbage trucks, these trucks exceed expectations and are flexible enough to handle your residential demands and obstacles while offering efficient collection.
- 28 Yard McNeilus Zero Radius and Heil Python Bodies
- Peterbilt and Mack Chassis
- 20,000 lb Front Axle & 46,000 Rear Axle
- Dual Steer or Right-Hand Drive and Groeneveld Auto Lube System
Our extensive fleet of roll-off garbage trucks are ready to tackle natural disaster relief, handle construction and renovation, give an aging fleet a break and take on any project.
- Galbreath 60,000 lb. Standard Outside Rail Hoist with Auto Tarping System
- Conventional Cab Freightliner, Peterbilt, and Mack Chassis
- 20,000 lb. Front Axle and 46,000 lb. Rear Axles with 20,000 lb. Steerable Drop Axle
When you’ve got a big extraction job, you need a big truck. With a powerful pump and reliable chamber, this truck is the go-to vacuum solution for removing and transporting large volumes of material in short amounts of time.
- 11 Yard Vac-Con Single Engine Machine
- Freightliner 114SD Chassis
Have a need that one of our rental trucks will fit? Here is the process to get your any time, any way truck solution headed to you.
REQUEST INFORMATION providing the pertinent information or questions. Please include additional details if available: Quantity of trucks needed, Type of trucks needed, Date needed, and estimated length of rental
Big Truck Rental will provide you with a quote, including round trip transportation costs, via Docusign
Sign the Docusign document and return to Big Truck Rental via email
Provide Big Truck Rental with Certificate of Insurance and Purchase Order for quote
Big Truck Rental will provide you with an email confirmation on when you can expect your trucks to arrive
Like our garbage trucks? Our rental plans are flexible and built to suit your fleet needs. Need a garbage truck for the short term or long term, but want to leave the door open to purchase the rental unit? With our rent-to-purchase program, we put you in the driver's seat. Select your truck, avoid waits and financing, run your route, and build your equity as you rent. This equity gives you access to a large sum of cash when you need it, without taking on new debt. It also improves your credit score as you make revolving payments on time, month after month!
Consider the many benefits of garbage truck rent-to-purchase:
- Balance Sheet Flexibility
- Build Equity as You Rent
- Customize Your Truck Specs
Route Ready is redefining North America's late model/low hour waste-collection truck market with our innovative reconditioning process. Formed in 2006 and refined in 2018 as the pre-owned garbage truck division of Big Truck Rental, Route Ready is redefining the used garbage truck market with our innovative reconditioning process that serves the underserved premium low hour/late model refuse truck market.
When you need a truck to immediately hit the ground running- think route ready. Impeccable quality, flexible terms, exceptional support - that's our promise! Our transparent inspection and reconditioning process
Where are your trucks located?
We have a network of over 30 dealer locations throughout the country.
How old are your trucks?
Our premium rental fleet contains only newer model trucks averaging 18 months at the most.
What are your truck usage requirements?
Maximum of 50 hours per week.
What maintenance are we required to perform?
Any significant repairs will be covered under warranty. Customer will be responsible for all routine preventative maintenance, including but not limited to the following:
- Safety inspection and lubrication of all necessary components
- Oil/Fuel filter changes every 300 hours of operation
- 150 hour and
300 hourmanufacturer preventative maintenance
- Check fuel, oil and water levels before each daily shift
- Check cooling system, tire pressures
andbattery level weekly
What happens if my rental truck goes down?
Big Truck Rental utilizes a modern truck fleet with an average age of 18 months or less, so these instances should be very limited. However, if you do have a truck that goes down, please contact us immediately and we will coordinate the repairs through our dealer network and provide a replacement truck, if necessary.
What do I need to do when I return the truck?
Communicate to the Big Truck Rental sales team the need to return the truck and then perform the following prior to our transport team arriving to pick up the truck:
- Ensure unit is clean and remove all trash from cab and body
- Inspect all tires and check pressures to ensure they are at
factoryand DOT specs. If original tires were removed please reinstall tires received with unit
- Document and note any damages incurred prior to transport back to Big Truck Rental facility. Pictures are highly recommended
- Refill fuel and
DPFtank to levels at which truck was originally delivered (typically ¼ full)
- Verify address provided on Bill of Lading to verify truck pick-up location
What if I need to rent the truck longer than originally quoted?
We will be happy to accommodate this need. Please contact the Big Truck Rental sales team as soon as possible once you know this will be needed and we can adjust the rental contract accordingly.