Transform your organization’s management of documents, records, business processes and more in a single, highly configurable, award-winning cloud solution.
DocFinity is a high-powered Commercial Off-The Shelf (COTS) product, flexible and ready to be configured as your Enterprise Content Management (ECM) / Business Process Management (BPM) / Workflow Software with no programming or source-code modification. With its flexibility and ease of configuration, DocFinity can be implemented by any document-intensive line of business.
DocFinity is designed, developed and tested and supported by Companion Data Services, LLC (CDS). With four U.S. locations and decades of experience in government, commercial and education markets, our innovative solutions and reliable services allow clients to focus on core business and improve outcomes.
Enterprise Content Management Solutions
Region 4 ESC - TX
Contract Number: R180501
Oct 1, 2018 to Sep 30, 2020
Option to renew for three (3) additional one-year periods through September 30, 2023.
RENEWED THROUGH September 30, 2021 (with 2 renewal options still available)
Master Agreement Documents
DocFinity is our high-powered, next-generation Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and Business Process Management (BPM) suite. Government entities, commercial companies and higher education institutions at more than 200 installations use DocFinity countrywide and internationally. Moreover, DocFinity is used to process high volumes of business transactions in day-to-day operations involving many document types and highly sensitive and confidential health care and financial data, in support of commercial, government and military plans.
Our solution features integration with no programming, open standards, well-documented and published Application Program Interfaces (APIs) as well as a well-documented, open data dictionary.
Our enterprise-wide solution is for use throughout all divisions within the Customer organization. It will be crucial to achieving superior levels of security by appropriately segregating data so that only roles with defined authority levels access the information that they actually have a business need to.
Enterprise content management (ECM) has come a long way from the days of simple imaging and electronic document management. We’ve made it easier to use than ever. With more core features than any competitive offering, DocFinity’s scalability translates to affordability for companies both large and small — from local start-ups to single departments to global organizations.
ECM module of DocFinity offers powerful standard functions like document capture and imaging, scanning, importing, uploading, search and retrieval, viewing, editing, redaction, versioning, reporting, auditing and collaboration. DocFinity ECM offers advanced functions like;
- Advanced Capture: Automate the capture and indexing of files into system, including various high-speed importers, email integration, OCR, and intelligent capture options.
- Dashboards: Monitor workflow productivity—as well as the efficiency of applications, importers, servers, and repositories.
- Records Management: Automatically apply retention rules to documents as they're categorized during the indexing process. Comply with record retention policies, government regulations, and discovery for legal cases.
- Advanced Security: Control file access, downloading, manipulation, and printing of documents at the group level and view audit trails to drill into all activity around files.
Electronic forms are an essential component to any electronic document management (EDM) or enterprise content management (ECM) system. DocFinity eForms enables you to design, input, store, and access forms securely, from any location. eForms can be used to launch business processes so you can save time, boost efficiency, and enhance customer service.
The eForms module enables capturing data in simply created, structured forms customizable in design and behavior. Forms are created by administrators in the Form Designer, which features an intuitive interface. eForms can send dynamic email messages, trigger business processes, update external databases, store data and generate Portable Document Format (PDF) form versions.
Enhancing your current processes through automation, self-service, and process re-engineering can have dramatic effects on your bottom line.
DocFinity Business Process Management (BPM) / Workflow gives organizations the ability to view, model, automate, process, and standardize the tasks that make up their business processes, helping to increase efficiency and expedite turnaround. DocFinity’s contemporary BPM solution offers far more than simple document management. To optimize process flow and support automation, we feature easy-to-use, flexible and highly configurable business process management and workflow functions.
The DocFinity Self-Service Gateway provides a secure way to exchange information with those outside of your DocFinity network.
Our user-configurable, secure Self-Service Gateway allows the public such as applicants, claimants, contractors, constituents, litigants, filers and suppliers to perform certain transactions securely through a public portal in a truly cost-effective way. The Self-Service Gateway is an integral part of our solution; requiring no custom programming.
Minimize Administrative Overhead
- Allocate work electronically and oversee the management of entire processes
- Produce detailed audit reports to demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Reduce the burden on IT resources with one system to manage all your documents and processes
Improve Service Delivery and Maintain Compliance
- Eliminate redundant processing, hectic data searches, and declaring records freeing up time for person-to-person interactions.
- Provide easy and secure, auditable access to digitally stored public records as mandated by laws like the Right-to-Know Act.
- Expedite response times and minimize costs by organizing, indexing, storing, and protecting information so you can find what you need when you need it.
- Centralize the information you have in other applications and make it accessible to authorized users on demand.
Minimize errors, improve turnaround, and achieve a greater degree of process efficiency.
DocFinity enables institutions to create, monitor, and optimize student-based documents, records, and back-office processes. You will eliminate mundane tasks, standardize processes, automatically distribute work, and reuse data from other systems.
- Ensure privacy while preventing data loss and redundancy
- Manage records seamlessly and automate retention and disposition schedules.
- Minimize errors caused by manual data entry and accelerate your automation efforts.
- Maximize productivity and efficiency and integrate it with your Student Information System (SIS) to extend its functionality and increase the satisfaction of your students and staff members.
Empower your staff and focus on students with DocFinity document management.
In a public education system where budgets are shrinking and costs are growing, efficiency is a necessity, and expense-reduction is king. DocFinity helps schools and school districts cut costs and avoid risks by offering secure, reliable access to complete student and teacher/employee files.
With secure Web-based access to information, your district can improve turnaround times for records requests and enhance services to students, parents, and other stakeholders.
Though every boarding school is unique, they all share a common challenge: make the most of endowments, donations, and tuition dollars while keeping responsiveness to parents and students immediate.
DocFinity helps you automate, standardize, simplify, and expedite the flow of information and task completion across the institution. At the same time, you will achieve better control your student, staff, and donor documentation; prevent redundancy and errors; and leverage the information stored in your Student Information System (SIS) and other applications.
- Ease future retrieval, automating retention efforts, and triggering workflows.
- Access admissions packets, financial aid eligibility, email and phone correspondence, tuition statements, transcripts, and almost anything you might need or imagine quickly and securely.
- Create comprehensive, up to date, and complete candidate or donor folders, making them available for secure access from within your SIS.
Manage documents and processes throughout the school, including invoices, contracts, donor forms, and more.
Companion Data Services, LLC (CDS) is a wholly owned subsidiary of BlueCross® BlueShield® of South Carolina (BlueCross), an independent licensee of the Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® Association. CDS is headquartered in Columbia, SC with offices in Dallas, TX; State College, PA and Catonsville, MD. CDS is in business since 2005. CDS’ parent company, BlueCross is in business since 1946. Our corporate organization has approximately 15,000 employees, generating approximately $4 billion in revenue per year.
CDS is focused on long-term relationships rather than quarterly financial pressures, thanks to being a privately held, wholly owned subsidiary of a large, strong and stable corporate organization. We are a safe vendor of choice in a world of uncertainties including mergers or acquisitions.
Our long-term service contracts with governments that are re-competed and retained prove our levels of security, quality, efficiency and compliance. All government data that may involve Personally Identifiable Information (PII), Protected Health Information (PHI) or any other confidential information is hosted in the United States.
CDS serves over 200 customers including State, County, Local and Federal governments as well as higher educational institutions and commercial customers.
We will work with you, shoulder-to-shoulder, to understand, analyze and model all system business processes, transactions, workflows and approval mechanisms. The result would be an accurate system configuration and consequently, a successful implementation that meets your business objectives, thereby taking full advantage of the proposed solution’s potential.
We have specific knowledge of government, healthcare, education and commercial industries. We will discuss your business, offer best-practice alternatives and convey our experience towards a streamlined, automated and efficient operation.
Professional Services for Implementation
Our capabilities and experience in providing implementation, project management, business analysis, process modeling, workflow design, system configuration, training and support on an ongoing basis in addition to the technical solution will provide the best value to Customers.
Expertise and Longevity
Our stable workforce comprised of subject matter experts, possess years of experience with similar, large-scale implementations, complementing capabilities of our products and ensuring a functional fit with your requirements.
No Acquisitions!.. You Interact with the Actual Developer
Rather than a dealer or re-seller, we offer our own product, built by us from ground up on a modern, flexible, scalable platform, without acquiring parts from other companies and patching afterward. We have not acquired any document management software company, either. We make and meet commitments in product development and the upgrade roadmap.
All research, development, design, testing, support, implementation, training, maintenance and cloud operations are performed by our corporate resources; all based in the USA. All professional and Information Technology (IT) services are performed with no on-shore, near-shore or off-shore outsourcing. All services are performed by our own corporate employees who are legal residents of the United States.
Security and Compliance
Due to the nature of our business, we focus on and comply with regulations to protect Protected Health Information (PHI) and Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Therefore, we are prepared to support the Department’s uncompromised requirements of data and access security, supported by our proven security posture. All managed services including security and administration are performed by our corporate employees.
Thorough and relevant training is critical in helping staff to maximize the use of the powerful tools provided to them. This includes end users, administrators, managers and IT personnel. Our well-developed and executed curriculum addresses the needs of users at all levels.
Customers’ Input to DocFinity Development
DocFinity is a customer-driven application. We poll and inform our customers on the product roadmap and monitor requests for enhancements. We have clearly-defined and proven processes in place to support product development, based on our customers’ needs, including Customer Alliance Board (CAB), DocFinity User Conferences and DocFinity Newsletters.
DocFinity Deployment Models
We offer two options for DocFinity licensing and use.
Traditional On Premise
DocFinity Core module, DocFinity Add-on modules and optional features are separately priced. The Department’s data center and servers are used for hosting the system. Support, updates and upgrades are covered by a separately-priced annual software maintenance contract.
Software as a Service (SaaS)
Monthly subscription includes all DocFinity Core and Add-on modules. Optional tools are separately priced. SaaS deployment offers;
- Zero capital expenditure for any server-level hardware or software component
- Zero support, maintenance, update or upgrade costs for any server-level hardware or software including the operating system, database, DocFinity Core and DocFinity Add-on modules
- Zero up-front charges for the complete stand up of a computing environment for the project in our secure data center for the Customer
- Zero waste due to idle user licenses through flexibility to accommodate seasonal fluctuations in use and a phased roll-out