McGriff is a full-service advisory firm providing a range of insurance and risk management services.
Our education and public entity clients include local governments, municipalities, school systems, colleges, universities, housing authorities, utility districts, transit authorities and other tax-supported entities.
We provide the expertise to manage:
Risk Preparedness and Claims Recovery Services
Region 4 ESC - TX
Contract Number: R191502
May 1, 2020 to April 30, 2022
Option to renew for three (3) additional one-year periods through April 30, 2025
Master Agreement Documents
Our goal is to ensure that obstacles do not result in reduced or delayed claim settlements to our clients. Our claims professionals are available 24-hours a day via cell phone.
Our experience allows us to support your risk control/safety personnel with the following services:
- Audits of risk control/safety programs to evaluate the effectiveness of existing efforts and to provide practical recommendations for enhancement
- Development of specific risk control/safety programs, training modules and manuals
- Surveys to assist management in identifying deficiencies and prioritizing improvements
- Review of fire protection systems related to regulatory requirements for maintenance and inspection
McGriff can also provide risk control assistance and training for:
- On site services (inspections, audits, training)
- Emergency response/disaster management
- Safety training program development and maintenance
- Claims analysis
- Coordination with insurers
- Documentation training
- Property risk control services
- Transportation exposures
- Fleet safety program evaluation
- OSHA compliance (where applicable)
- EPA compliance
- Driver training
McGriff augments experience and knowledge with data and analytics by providing:
- Loss Stratification & Analysis
- Loss Projection
- Collateral Analysis and Negotiation
- Total Cost of Risk (TCOR) Analysis
- Experience Modifier Rating Verification and Promulgation
- Benchmarking of Limits and Deductibles
- Catastrophe (CAT) Modeling
- Historical Catasrophe Event Analysis
- Natural Hazard Mapping and Reporting
- Building Valuation Services
McGriff’s ability to benchmark risks and exposures is supported by our industry focused, but operationally diverse client base.
In addition to our ability to benchmark qualitative aspects of our client’s risk and exposures, our client base will also support meaningful quantitative benchmarking. To provide this broader perspective we use a combination of in-house peer data and third-party benchmarking resources to compare limits, retentions, cost of risk and other data points.
Very few companies possess our national client-base of tax-supported entities, local governments and educational institutions. Our Public Entity service teams are located across the US. McGriff partners with other OMNIA-approved vendors to create a turn-key Risk Management and Claims Management solution for Omnia Partners members.
- Retention Analyses - Total Cost of Risk (TCOR) is also used for retention analysis. By comparing the TCOR amounts at various retentions we can start the process of identifying viable retention options.
- Benchmarking - Due to our expertise in the public entity space, we have the ability to benchmark rates, deductibles and limit structures. In addition, we will utilize Advisen to pull additional benchmarking data such as industry large loss history and excess liability limits based on operations.
- Forecasting/Loss Projection - We will assist in projecting expected loss costs by analyzing prior loss experience within various retention structures. This will better accrue for probable loss costs and will be used heavily during collateral negotiations.
- Loss Stratification & Retention Analysis - We will perform loss stratification and retention analysis to quantify the amount of claim dollars retained verse financed. This analysis will help the client better understand the Total Cost of Risk and will be pivotal in determining the optimal deductible structure to receive the best ROI on its insurance spend.
- Insurance Policy Design & Placement - We can prepare RFP specifications for insurance underwriters, review quotations and place coverage as directed by the member.
- Experience Modifier Rating Verification and Promulgation - We scrub the NCCI Experience Modifier Rating for accuracy. Approximately 30% of the ratings that we review have one or more errors. If we identify errors that have a negative impact, we will have the carriers correct the errors prior to renewal. We can also create reports that illustrate what drove any significant changes in the modifier rating between effective dates.
- Collateral – We will utilize our actuarial analysis to combat carrier collateral requirements and negotiate the requirements down on behalf of the client. Your analytics team will engage with legacy carriers to ensure legacy collateral wind down is expedient as possible. Also, we will evaluate alternate structures that mitigate LOC requirements – i.e. restructuring your General Liability.