Spirion has relentlessly solved real data protection problems of SLED agencies since 2006 by enabling them to accurately discover and classify personal data according to compliance regulations and agency rules, understand the data within the context of government use, and then take actions to protect that data so they can operate with minimal friction and comply with the laws and regulations built to protect the personal data of citizens.
- Find & classify sensitive data on-premises & in the cloud
- Mitigate risk of data breaches for structured (databases) and unstructured (Word, Excel, PPT, files) data
- Deploy and start using within a day
- Strengthen Data Security
- Prevent, Detect, Respond to data breaches
- High precision of data discovery
- Identify Sensitive Data
- Non-intrusive software solution on premises or in the cloud as a SaaS solution
Additional Spirion Benefits:
- Spirion minimizes the risk associated with faculty, staff, student and citizen information and highly sensitive institutional data through data discovery
- Spirion provides accurate visibility into sprawling data repositories allowing public sector institutions and agencies to reduce risk exposure, improve efficiencies by identifying what sensitive data resides where in their organization
- Spirion helps to report and inform decision-making while facilitating compliance with data protection and privacy legislation, including HIPAA, CMMC, CJIS, PCI-DSS, FERPA, GDPR, and more
IT Security Tools - Data Detection
University of California, CA
Contract Number: 2021003177
Initial award from November 4, 2021 through November 3, 2026 with the option to renew for five (5) additional one (1) year periods through November 3, 2031.
Master Agreement Documents
Comply with ever-changing data privacy regulations, avoid costly fees, protect against data breaches, and defend your organization’s reputation with Spirion Sensitive Data Platform (SDP). Our latest privacy-grade solution helps you discover sensitive data, classify data based on its level of sensitivity, and remediate sensitive datawherever it lives, with 98% accuracy you can trust. The culmination of 15 years of industry-leading experience, Spirion SDP offers:
- Visibility into data wherever it lives
- Unmatched accuracy you can trust
- Automated workflow control for complex discovery, classification and remediation
- Identity-centric discovery for fast and accurate SRR response
- High-powered User and Entity Behavioral Analytics (UEBA) and Visualization
From your social security number to a customer file, anything with sensitive information should be filtered and identified so that the most vulnerable assets can be protected. With increasing cybersecurity threats, data classification has never been more important to safeguard your agency from data leaks and cyberattacks. Spirion through the OMNIA Partners cooperative contract offers solutions to unify security, privacy and governance.
Read the full White Paper below to learn more!
Government officials are responsible for a broad spectrum of citizens’ personal information, from Social Security numbers and tax documents to property deeds and census data. They are also responsible for creating systems to protect that information and ensuring the network infrastructure is safeguarded from attacks, although this is often hampered by complex IT environments and limited budgets and staff.
Over the past few years, the public sector has been hit with ransomware attacks, making essential services, including 911 emergency centers, unavailable. Governments are also at higher risk of hacktivist attacks from groups trying to promote a political or social agenda, not to mention unexpected threats from contractors and employees. Elected leaders may not be aware of the level or types of cyberattacks on their networks, or they may not have teams in place qualified to handle security situations. Cybersecurity ends up being a lower priority compared to funding emergency services and education – until a data breach happens.
Spirion minimizes the risk associated with citizen information and highly sensitive agency data. With accurate visibility into sprawling data repositories, public sector agencies will reduce risk exposure, improve efficiencies, and inform decision-making while facilitating compliance with data protection and privacy legislation, including CMMC, CJIS, HIPAA, FERPA, and more.
Today’s SLED agencies own extensive IT landscapes. The sheer volume of data and its widespread nature makes it nearly impossible by conventional means to effectively locate and classify according to its sensitivity level. The rise of data regulations like CMMC, CJIS and FERPA and many others demand a robust approach to minimize breaches and preserve and protect sensitive data.
Traditionally, enterprises have often relied on vendor-supplied information protection tools. Microsoft, for example, offers Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) and Azure Information Protection (AIP) to label and classify data within the Microsoft and Azure environment. But today’s enterprises are increasingly adopting a multicloud business strategy and spending as much as 35% more annually on private and public cloud options than in the past.Given that their data will naturally end up living in one or more of those platforms at any given time, agencies are now seeking vendor-agnostic solutions, like Spirion, to help them gain visibility and transparency into their data across systems, platforms, and environments.
To learn more about how progressive SLED agencies are combining MIP/AIP with Spirion’s expansive platform to provide end-to-end data governance across the enterprise, access our white paper, The Ultimate Combination for Enabling End-to-End Data Security and Privacy.
Access this 30 minute tech-talk where we take a look at how Spirion complements Microsoft AIP and MIP to provide your organization with what you need for data security and privacy.
Maintaining compliance with CMMC requires using the right set of tools that are able to locate CUI or export-controlled data, as well as other sensitive data like Personally Identifiable Information (PII). Automated tools reduce the overall time spent locating documents with common categories or markings that may be in scope of the CMMC.
Spirion offers solutions that:
- identify both PII and CUI across structured and unstructured data by searching text and images
- accurately discover common PII sensitive data types
- create custom sensitive data types to search for phrases, words, and acronyms that are indicative of CUI
- enable regular CUI risk assessments with its automatic data discovery capabilities and dynamic dashboards
- automatically and persistently classify data and imbed labels into documents and files
DoD contractors can prevent unauthorized/unintended transfers and publication of CUI with the help of a strong solution like Spirion and ensure that their department is CMMC compliant.
To learn more about how SLED agencies are combining MIP/AIP with Spirion’s expansive platform to provide end-to-end data governance, read our white paper, The Ultimate Combination for Enabling End-to-End Data Security and Privacy.
CJIS Security Policy is among the most important government regulations, yet compliance is extremely difficult. Maintaining data integrity helps keep the criminal justice system safe, secure, and honest. Understanding where your sensitive CJI lives, how it is collected and used, and if or when it’s shared is vital to remaining compliant.
Spirion can help your agency discover, classify, and remediate sensitive data across your entire IT environment with 98.5% accuracy.