As an industry-leading innovator, TAPCO manufactures and distributes a wide portfolio of traffic and parking safety solutions designed to increase safe travels for all. Since 1956, we have set the standard for delivering reliable, cutting-edge traffic safety enhancements. From our world-renowned line of LED-enhanced BlinkerSign® solutions to our pedestrian crossing products and early detection warning systems, safety is at the heart of all TAPCO innovations.
Generations of Expertise
Working alongside traffic professionals for more than 60 years gives our team an exclusive perspective on the past, present and future needs of the traffic and parking safety industry.
A Nationwide Reach
With successful solution installations throughout all 50 states, we understand the safety concerns communities face across the nation.
Innovative, Smart City Technology
Our mission is to continue to lead the industry with an innovative, customer-focused approach that evolves with the technological demands of our customers.
As a family-owned company, we take pride in establishing and maintaining our innovative culture.
Traffic Control Products and Related Products and Solutions
Barron County, WI
Contract Number: 2020-200
March 1, 2020 to February 28, 2025
Option to renew for five (5) additional one-year periods through February 28, 2030
Master Agreement Documents
- RFP 2020-200 Traffic Control Products and Related Products and Solutions
- RFP 2020-200 Addendum No. 1
- RFP Posting Document
24/7 Flashing Alert Solutions
In addition to a huge variety of standard and custom static signs, we offer flashing beacons and signs featuring high-intensity LEDs that automatically adjust their brightness throughout the day.
Key 24/7 Flashing Alert Solutions Include:
24/7 Flashing LED BlinkerBeacon™
Time-tested and durable, these warning enhancements alert drivers and pedestrians of busy crossings and high-traffic areas.
LEARN MORE >
BlinkerStop® Flashing LED STOP Sign
Capture drivers’ attention and increase roadway compliance with edge-lit signs that utilize highly visible amber, red, orange and white LEDs, depending on the sign face.
LEARN MORE >
24/7 BlinkerSign® Flashing LED Pedestrian Crosswalk (Symbol) Sign
With flashing perimeter LEDs and 3M DG³ reflective sheeting, this is the most visible signage available.
LEARN MORE >
24/7 BlinkerSign® Flashing LED Wrong-Way Sign R5-1A
Deter wrong-way drivers on one-way streets, highway on-ramps or parking lot access points with this flashing LED sign, complete with an eco-friendly solar panel and battery package.
LEARN MORE >
Offering the industry standard in traffic sign-making software, our state-of-the-art system enables you to master traffic sign design, sign-making and graphics. TAPCO is the only traffic sign manufacturer to offer this total comprehensive system.
Whether you are looking for an entry-level cutter, a heavy-duty flatbed cutter or a large format digital printer, we can supply you the hardware that fits your needs.
Signs with retroreflectivity below the minimum levels, as detected by a retroreflectometer, need to be replaced. We offer the fastest way to identify such signs, their location and their reflectivity.
Common Pole Kits
Pole configuration plays a crucial role in the design of your Intelligent Warning System. Browse our online store and choose the right post and anchor for your project.
Nearly 70,000 pedestrians were injured and 6,000 killed on U.S. streets in 2017, according to the Governors Highway Safety Association (GHSA) — the highest number of fatalities in the past 25 years. Protect pedestrians with innovative safety solutions — including those with touchless, thermal activation— before it’s too late.
Key Crosswalk Safety and School Zone Warning Solutions Include:
RECTANGULAR RAPID FLASHING BEACON (RRFB)
RRFBs are a popular, MUTCD-compliant option in which light bars flash using the FHWA-specified alternating WW+S flash pattern, alerting motorists of pedestrians in or about to enter a crosswalk.
School Improves Mid-Block Crosswalk Pedestrian Safety
Discover how one school protected its students with a pedestrian safety overhaul involving RRFBs.
The BlinkerBeacon™ Pedestrian Crosswalk System uses flashing light beacons to provide motorists with real-time warning of pedestrians.
The BlinkerSign® Pedestrian Crosswalk System leverages LED-enhanced signs to catch motorists’ attention, protecting pedestrians.
IN-ROAD WARNING LIGHTS
In-Road Warning Lights alert motorists of pedestrians actively crossing the street by flashing amber LED lights embedded in the pavement on both sides of the crosswalk.
SAFEWALK CROSSWALK ILLUMINATOR™
Drastically increase pedestrian visibility at poorly lit, two-lane crossings with the SafeWalk™ Crosswalk Illuminator, a simple safety enhancement for TAPCO Pedestrian Crosswalk Systems that uses unique dual-light technology.
School Zone Speed Limit Warning Alerts
Provide added attention to posted school zone speed limit signs upon activating BlinkerSign® or BlinkerBeacon™ LEDs.
Driver Feedback Signs
Unique solution that combines attention-grabbing LED-enhanced warning alerts with proven speed reducing driver feedback signs.
Save lives by catching drivers’ attention and alerting them of danger ahead in a variety of settings.
Key Driver Awareness Solutions Include:
Wrong-Way Alert Solutions
Wrong-way driving crashes cause about 1,500 fatalities in the U.S. each year, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Keep false positives low and reduce wrong-way events at notorious wrong-way driver entry points:
- Side-by-side highway entrances and exit ramps
- Exit ramps near side streets
- Poorly lit entrance and exit ramps
TxDOT, San Antonio District
As wrong-way driving increased in San Antonio, the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) took action, significantly reducing wrong-way driving and recovering costs in just 1.5 years. Due to this success, TxDOT began expanding its wrong-way solution installations.
Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority
For a new road, the Mobility Authority sought a robust wrong-way solution with thermal imaging. What the agency didn’t anticipate was how common wrong-way driving was — or the system’s headline-grabbing success.
Curve Warning Solutions
Engineered to fit the contours of any curve, the BlinkerChevron™ Dynamic Curve Warning System features wirelessly connected LED-enhanced signs to reduce in-curve speeds, keeping drivers on the road.
- Sequential or simultaneous flash patterns
- Various flash activation capabilities, including vehicle presence, speed and weather smart detection
- Integrates with advance curve warning alerts and message boards
- Double-sided system available
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Discover how the Wisconsin Department of Transportation saw a 97% decrease in accidents after installing the BlinkerChevron™ Dynamic Curve Warning System.
Speed Awareness Solutions
Speeding is involved with approximately one-third of all motor vehicle fatalities, according to the NHTSA. When static signs aren't controlling speeders, turn to speed awareness solutions proven to reduce vehicle speeds.
SafePace Evolution Radar Feedback Signs
- SafePace® Pro Sign Management Software is included
- 24/7 365 days of unlimited programming and scheduling
- Display on / stealth modes
BlinkerRadar™ Driver Feedback System
- MUTCD-compliant 12” character driver feedback sign (larger feedback sign available upon request)
- Customizable activation periods
- Adjustable speed detection threshold
- Easily installs onto new or existing sign posts
BlinkerSign® Flashing Led Speed Limit Sign R2-1
- High-intensity LEDs are visible more than 1 mile away and heighten driver awareness in bright daylight, night, fog, rain and snow
- Lightweight unit comes fully assembled, making installation onto any new or existing sign post quick and easy
Overheight Warning Solutions
Reduce major crash factors at low bridges, tunnels, weigh stations, underpasses, parking structures and any low-clearance hazards by:
- Detecting vehicles that won't clear the structure ahead
- Notifying drivers of height restrictions, bringing attention back to the road
- Directing drivers to a safe, alternate route
Increase driver awareness where it matters most with highly visible work zone safety solutions that guide drivers through unfamiliar road configurations. These solutions are ideal for:
- Roadside work zones
- Rural highway projects
- New development construction
Key Work Zone Safety Solutions Include:
Sequential Barricade Light
- Amber lens
- Orange case
- 5 patterns
- 100-meter range
- 24-hour or nighttime only
Specialty Warning Solutions
Robust warning solutions tailored to specific traffic safety applications provide drivers with precious time to prepare and react.
Key Specialty Warning Solutions Include:
Emergency Vehicle Warning System
Provide advance warning to drivers that an emergency vehicle is leaving the station and entering the roadway so they can slow down and take caution. Ideal for roadways with visibility challenges, such as broad curves and hidden driveways, Emergency Vehicle Warning Systems flash warning alerts upon activation.
LEARN MORE >
High Water Warning System
Approaching drivers get advance warning of real-time road flooding with the TAPCO High Water Warning System, which detects rising water levels and activates warning alerts.
LEARN MORE >
Icy Road Warning System
Warn drivers in real time when conditions are favorable for icy roads ahead, especially on sharp curves and elevated bridges, so they can slow down and prevent dangerous crashes.
LEARN MORE >
Smart City Infrastructure
Create a safer, smarter city with leading innovations and expert guidance.
Key Smart City Infrastructure Solutions Include:
Connected Vehicle Interface
TAPCO’s Connected Vehicle Interface helps communities around the world improve the safety of their roads today and prepare for the connected vehicles of tomorrow.
This innovative enhancement option will upgrade new and existing TAPCO Intelligent Warning Systems to integrate with connected vehicle infrastructure.
- Communicates with Smart City Roadside Units (RSUs) to relay Intelligent Warning System activation data
- Transmits data via Dedicated Short-Range Communication (DSRC), 4G or 5G networks
- Integrates with local Advanced Traffic Management Systems to provide traffic managers with actionable reporting
BlinkLink®, powered by TAPCO, is an easy-to-use, cloud-based application that cities use to remotely manage, schedule, control and monitor system-wide time clocks and Intelligent Warning Systems.
By collecting real-time data, BlinkLink® provides transportation officials with the intelligence to respond immediately to ongoing traffic emergencies through email or SMS alert notifications and custom reporting sent via TAPCO Intelligent Warning Systems.
Connected through reliable cellular networks, BlinkLink® is secured through encrypted communication.
Get industry-leading parking facility equipment for public parking garages, airport parking facilities, universities, stadiums and more. Product offerings include:
- Pay stations
- Multi-space parking meters and kiosks
- Mobile payments
- Overheight detection (with mobile integration)
- MUTCD-compliant signs
- Pedestrian / driver warning systems
- Parking facility call center services
GET PARKING LINE CARD >
Our parking experts help design and maintain the right parking solution for you.
TIBA Parking Solutions
We offer a full line of innovative TIBA Parking Systems offering an efficient, world-class guest experience.Plus, many parking solutions are completely touchless, increasing safety for all.
- Exit Lane Verifier
- Vehicle Pay Stations
- Entry Lane Terminal Ticket Dispenser
- Exit Lane Vehicle Pay Station
All TIBA products integrate with parking facility call center services from TAPCO’s partner, Parker Technology. Their patient, well-informed customer service specialists answer intercom calls 24/7 and resolve 99 percent of problems in under a minute. They are the only parking-focused call center that can deliver a face-to-face customer experience through two-way video, adding a personal touch to your automation.
License Plate Recognition System
- Records license plates as cars enter and exit parking structures
- Increases payment compliance
- Makes identifying violators easier
- Reduces patrolling costs
- Improves the customer experience
Managing traffic safety systems extends beyond procurement and installation. The right preventative maintenance plan is required to optimize system performance and lifespan.
However, finding the technical resources to routinely conduct this maintenance can be difficult. Fortunately, with a TAPCO service agreement you can "set it and forget it." Once your traffic safety system is installed, TAPCO's expert service technicians and industry-leading asset management software take care of the rest.
Since the 1960s, TAPCO has provided service agreements customized to organizations' unique labor and budgetary needs. Plus, agreements can apply to TAPCO or non-TAPCO products.
- Traffic Signals
- Intelligent Transportation Systems
- Wrong-Way Alert Systems
- Pedestrian Crossing Systems
- School Zone Warning Systems
- Curve Warning Systems
- High Water Warning Systems
- Overheight Warning Systems
- Parking Systems
- Reverse Entry Alert Detection Systems
Customized preventative maintenance packages for additional TAPCO and non-TAPCO traffic systems and equipment are available upon request.
- Scheduled visits (annual, biannual, etc.) to perform preventative maintenance, including:
- Mechanical inspection and validation
- Electrical inspection and validation
- Detection / activation inspection and validation
- Full system testing
- Complete records documentation for each system after every visit
Standard contract terms are for three years, but other terms are available. Emergency response services are also available upon request in certain areas.
- "No questions asked" warranty extensions, so you can set it and forget it
- Common warranty parts include batteries, radios, controllers and LED-enhanced signs or beacons
- Technicians carry many parts on hand to handle necessary repairs during maintenance windows and ensure systems are delivering optimal performance
- Technicians perform calibrations, repairs, firmware updates and other system regulatory updates as needed
- Discounted BlinkLink® remote device-monitoring software subscription
- Maintenance contractor technical support
- Discounted equipment packages also available
BlinkerSign® Flashing LED signs are edge-lit signs engineered to capture drivers’ attention and increase roadway compliance while utilizing highly visible amber, red, orange and white LEDs dependent upon the sign face.
- HIGH-QUALITY, MADE IN THE USA
- SIMPLE INSTALLATION
A step above the industry standard, TAPCO RRFB-XL2™ are extra-large rectangular rapid flashing beacons, making them the go-to RRFBs for traffic professionals.
- VARIABLE DIMMING
- AVAILABLE OPTIONS
- FHWA-COMPLIANT (IA-21)
BlinkerBeacon™ Flashing LED Beacons can be designed in single head or dual-mount heads with various lens colors, including red and amber.
- VARIABLE DIMMING
- AVAILABLE OPTIONS
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I place an order with TAPCO?
Who can participate in TAPCO’s OMNIA Partners, Public Sector contract?
- Counties, cities, towns and villages
- Special districts (fire, sewer, water, etc.)
- Public and private schools, including K-12, community colleges, universities, technical and vocational
- State agencies
- Other local governments
- Nonprofit corporations
How can my agency become a participating OMNIA Partners member?
Complete the quick and easy registration process here.
What’s your contract documentation?
Barron County, WI
Contract Number: 2020-200
Initial five-year agreement from March 1, 2020 through February 28, 2025 with the option to renew for five (5) additional one-year periods through February 28, 2030.
Click Here for Documentation
What are the benefits of the OMNIA Partners contract?
Through the economies of scale created by OMNIA Partners, Public Sector, participants now have access to an extensive portfolio of competitively solicited and publicly awarded agreements. OMNIA Partners, Public Sector offers value and resources to state and local governments, higher education, K-12 education and nonprofits.
Purchases made through contract #2020-200 come with:
- Reduced administrative and time costs related to the bid solicitation process
- Free freight and exclusive discounted pricing on more than 18,500 TAPCO products
- Sponsorships from over 90 state and regional organizations
- Professional public purchasing oversight
- Approved products and pricing
My state requires local governments to bid everything. Can local governments in my state use this program without going out to bid?
This contract has been competitively bid by a government agency. Through the Joint Powers Authority or an inter-local agreement, local governments can "piggy-back" onto this competitively bid contract through OMNIA Partners. This satisfies the competitive bid requirements in most states.