Tradition Energy is the nation’s largest and most experienced independent energy risk management and procurement consultant. We are the trusted advisor to more than 1,300 commercial, industrial and governmental clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to medium-sized businesses to local municipalities.
Our experience includes managing more than 101 billion kilowatt-hours in energy usage and over $14.9 billion in energy spend. Clients partner with us to manage their energy price exposure and develop and implement strategies to control and reduce their energy supply-side and demand-side expenditures.
As an unbiased advisor, we work side-by-side with our clients to extend your procurement team. We are your advocate working to minimize your energy spend and are not, nor are we part of, an energy supplier, demand response (DR) provider, demand-side management provider, or energy technology services provider. We do not trade energy nor take the title to energy. Tradition operates solely as a neutral intermediary safeguarding the best interests of our clients.
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract’s approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Comprehensive Energy Consulting and Management Services
City of Mesquite, TX
Contract Number: 2018-017
May 17, 2018 through May 16, 2019
Option to renew for six (6) additional one-year periods through May 16, 2025
RENEWED THROUGH May 16, 2024
Master Agreement Documents
- 2018-017 Master Agreement
- Contract Amendment 1
- Contract Renewal 1
- Contract Renewal 2
- Contract Renewal 3
- Contract Renewal 4
- Contract Renewal 5
How do I start working with Tradition Energy?
To utilize the contract between OMNIA Partners and Tradition Energy, you must have an OMNIA Partners specific account set up with Tradition Energy.
3 easy ways to get started:
- By Phone: Contact our toll-free number at 877-832-7022.
- By E-mail: e-mail us at OMNIAPartners@TraditionEnergy.com and we will have someone call you back within 24 hours to handle your request.
- Online: Log on the Tradition Energy website at http://www.traditionenergy.com/omniapartners using your OMNIA Partners account information.
What is energy deregulation?
Legislatures and the public utility commissions (PUCs) of many states have created competition for electricity and natural gas supply. In the past, one utility provided all parts of energy service: generation, transmission and distribution. With competition, generation is separated from transmission and distribution. This allows consumers to choose their energy supplier, while the delivery of the energy is still regulated and is the responsibility of the local utility company. Public agencies operating in deregulated energy markets can enjoy a number of benefits: multiple options for selecting an electricity and natural gas provider; flexibility in developing an energy strategy; freedom to choose from a variety of products, prices and terms; protection from rising costs; budget certainty; rebates and incentives; security—transmission and distribution are still regulated by the PUC and guaranteed.
Energy deregulation enables public agencies to shop for the best price of energy just as they do for their other products and services. With these benefits comes the task of competitively procuring these energy commodities, which takes a thorough understanding of the markets and the suppliers. This is where Tradition Energy is here to help.
What is an energy supplier?
A supplier is an independent company that provides electricity or natural gas to commercial and/or residential customers in a deregulated energy market. To operate in a service territory, suppliers must be accepted by that state's regulatory agency and must meet certain criteria, which varies across utilities and states.
Tradition Energy’s process ensures public agencies select the best energy supplier to meet their needs, through a competitive reverse-auction process.
Tradition Energy Contact
Bob Wooten | Director
Office (713) 609-9929 | Mobile (713) 306-5949
Do people have to choose a new electricity supplier?
No. However, it's in their best interest to at least compare prices and services offered by competitive suppliers. Then customers can make an informed decision based on what best suits their energy needs.
Will customers save money if they switch suppliers?
Savings will depend on several things, including how much is currently paid for electricity or natural gas, how much electricity or natural gas is used, and the current agreement with the supplier. Tradition Energy provides a complete analysis, so that you can see exactly what savings are involved with each procurement option.
If a customer does switch, will they have to worry about the reliability of their energy service?
No. Regardless of who supplies the energy, the utility will continue to deliver it uninterrupted, ensuring that sufficient electricity and natural gas are available. The customer will continue to have access to customer service representatives, and utility crews will still respond to emergencies and power outages.
Hillsborough County Public Schools
With 237 schools and more than 182,000 students, Hillsborough County Public Schools, which encompasses Tampa, Florida, is the sixth-largest school district in the United States. With its energy contract managed by the State, Hillsborough did not have the market transparency or understanding of how its natural gas rates were being determined. They were unaware of products options that could provide budget certainty and cost reductions. As a result of the competitive procurement process involving all-natural gas suppliers, Hillsborough achieved a new rate that reduced its costs by 41% versus their previous contract and saved the District more than $540,000. To read the full case study, click HERE.
Athens Housing Authority
Athens Housing Authority in Georgia was paying an average of $300,000 annually in natural gas costs to fuel over 1000 residences. Tradition Energy's advisor worked with the Athens Housing Authority to evaluate their historical procurement practices and identify new opportunities to improve supplier competition and procurement timing. To read the full case study, click HERE.
The City of Dallas remains the most populous municipality in the US to use 100% renewable energy, and reduces its electricity rate by 26%.
The District is forecasted to reduce its overall energy costs more than $50,000 per year, with cumulative savings over $1.3 million for the length of the agreement.
Private school is expected to reduce its energy costs by 15% while meeting their renewable energy goal to have a 100% green campus.
Using OMNIA Partners allows you to meet all of your procurement requirements, making it easier and faster than ever to secure the energy services you need to control and reduce costs, including:
- Market Research & Intelligence: Tradition’s unique wholesale energy market presence results in more timely responses to market conditions and price changes and leads to savings opportunities for members.
- Strategic Risk Management: We work with you to identify the factors and risks that impact financial results and energy procurement decisions and recommend pricing options and implementation strategies specific to your organization’s objectives.
- Energy Procurement & Supply Management: 85 electricity, natural gas, and renewable energy suppliers currently compete on Tradition’s on-line pricing system. Tradition can process more transactions at a lower cost, and more suppliers are seeking your business because of our scale. The result is more competition for your business.
- Demand-Side Management: Tradition’s efficiency services include a review of our energy efficiency partner network to verify the best solution for your efficiency needs, according to all federal, state, and local incentives available.
- Sustainability: In the sustainability area, we assist with renewable energy procurements through renewable energy certificates (RECs). We can also assist with the procurement of solar energy for on- or off-site platforms.
- Bill Processing & Payment: These services allow you to reduce overhead costs by outsourcing everything from mail handling to bill auditing, expediting late notices and eliminating fees, to data feeds and compliance with client proprietary systems and finance standards.
- Tariff Rate & Tax Analysis: With any new utility account and even existing accounts, it makes sense periodically to review the tariff rate for correct billing, especially if usage has materially changed. Tradition will identify costly utility billing errors and recover overpayments from past invoices and from ongoing expenditures related to more appropriate delivery tariffs or tax exemptions.
- Data Management & Reporting: All of Tradition’s market research, the energy market price data, and your agreements will be available to you in our on-line database accessible through our secure TEAMView energy data management portal. Tradition offers a data management and reporting service that is invoice-driven and tracks usage, cost, carbon, and includes budgeting, forecasting, and performance monitoring tools.
- Demand Response (DR): If you have the ability to shed load on demand or have backup generation, we can assist with procuring a Demand Response program and either improve the current revenue stream from an existing DR program or create a new one.
- Client Services: Tradition manages post-procurement activities, which include enrollment monitoring and assistance in helping to resolve billing or service issues should they arise with applicable suppliers and utilities.
- Communications: Tradition engages in ongoing regular communications with clients to discuss energy market price trends, additional opportunities, or any other changes that may impact current energy supply and demand-related agreements.
- Client Education: Tradition clients have complete access to participate in more than 20 Tradition-led webinar and seminar client education programs each year.
WHY CHOOSE TRADITION ENERGY?
- Advising clients in energy commodities markets since 1986
- Trusted advisor to more than 1,300 commercial, industrial and governmental clients ranging from Fortune 500 companies to medium-sized businesses to local municipalities
- Over 101 billion kWh in energy usage and more than $14.9 billion in energy spend managed
- The best customized local solutions originating from our “best practices” developed working with nationwide clients
- The scale of our business means more energy suppliers competing for our clients’ business and offering better prices and commercial terms
Wholesale Market Knowledge & Expertise
- Industry-acclaimed as a market research expert and primary source for market intelligence
- Better informed procurement decisions and cost reductions through unsurpassed experience in the wholesale energy markets
- Tradition market research experts are contacted daily by global media outlets and quoted in the news more than 30 times a month
Strategic Analysis & Recommendations
- Our Strategic Procurement Analysis Report, a detailed summary and energy blueprint for the facility, gives an in-depth analysis of the various strategies and options for each market
- Tradition’s Strategic Advisory Committee, who review and provide procurement advice, is made up of our most senior energy executives
- 97% of our clients say that our “strategic recommendations are making a positive contribution to their enterprise” and 98% say they are “likely to use our service again”
Independent, Unbiased & Transparent
- Transparent business practices
- No conflicts of interest; supplier negotiation and pricing are separated from the advisory team
- Independent. Not part of a company that markets electrical, metering, HVAC, or related equipment, or supplies energy
- Our recommendations result in a solution that is best for the client
Premier Client Experience
- Your energy advisor remains your single point of contact throughout the life of your agreement
- Access to 80 professionals providing on-going support for all of your energy needs
- Proactive risk management to alert you to procurement opportunities or about issues that may affect your business
- Customized reporting, including budgeting, forecasting, and procurement performanceContinuous energy education via monthly product and service webinars, biannual price forecasts, and face-to-face training seminars
- Dedicated energy supplier representatives assigned to Tradition clients for a higher level of service
WATCH NOW: How Understanding Utility Delivery Charges Can Help You Reduce Energy Costs
Rate class, improper charges, demand, power factor and usage hours can all affect utilities’ delivery charges. This short presentation will highlight the ways organizations can address and minimize energy costs by better understanding and managing the utility delivery charges. View the webinar below.
Five Costly Energy Buying Mistakes - and How to Avoid Them
When it comes to energy management and electricity procurement, there are a lot of misconceptions out there – and a lot of opportunities for energy buyers to make mistakes that can cost their organizations valuable time and money.
Overcoming Misconceptions Regarding the Use of Cooperatives for Energy Procurement
Savvy energy procurement specialists often look for other options to augment their energy purchasing arrangements. One such option is the cooperative purchasing contract. But before launching a full-scale plan that revolves around a cooperative, you need to ask, “Can I use a cooperative purchasing contract to procure energy, such as electricity and natural gas?”
How to Map Out an Energy Risk Management Strategy That Makes the Most Sense for Your Organization
In this case, we're not talking about Rand McNally, but rather an aid in navigating the unpredictable energy market.
Negotiating Energy Supply Agreements: A Tricky Balancing Act For Even The Most Seasoned Procurement Professional
Everything seems to come down to price. After all the talk and all the negotiation, ultimately the decision comes down to one question: “What am I paying?"
COVID-19 and Energy: The Critical Need for Expert Advice
When the history books are written, the storyline for the chapter on 2020 will be the Great Pandemic and the effects of COVID-19 on the economy, lives, and society in general.