Adjusters International, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rising Phoenix Holdings Corporation, is a leading disaster services consulting firm that has been guiding public agencies to successful disaster recoveries since 1985. Our decades of experience have allowed us to hone a management system and a proven approach to providing consultant services that are designed to seamlessly complement your existing operations.
Adjusters International Consulting offers leading disaster services consulting through their cooperative contract with OMNIA Partners.
We provide all required levels of support, available on call as needed, including but not limited to:
- Executive-level consulting, including strategic advice provided by top policy experts and industry leaders;
- Preparedness, planning and training services, delivered using an integrated and practical approach designed to support real-world application;
- Independent risk management consulting services that include risk management, insurance, and actuarial consulting;
- Program and project management support in all areas of disaster response and recovery, from damage assessments to debris management guidance to managing public assistance, hazard mitigation, and insurance recoveries, among other funding sources;
- Grant management and insurance claim consulting, staffing and support, including technical assistance, quality control, and funding coordination and oversight.
The AIC, LLC team includes key members that are highly qualified subject matter experts in all aspects of Emergency Management, including preparedness activities such as planning, training and exercises.
Incident Management Teams & EOC Backfill Support
In the event that a disaster escalates to a proportion where it exhausts your agency’s resources, our team can provide Incident Management Assistance Teams (IMATs) to support and augment staffing at the state or local Emergency Operations Center (EOC).
This service allows you to maintain continuity of operations while effectively managing the incident. We can provide short-term and long-term staff support to assist with your Incident Management System (e.g., operations section chief, planning section chief, logistical section chief, finance/admin section chief, or ESF positions, based on need and the level of response).
Post-Disaster Damage Assessment
The AIC, LLC team regularly assists states, counties, and other local jurisdictions with disaster assessment services related to both the FEMA public assistance and individual assistance programs. We are familiar with the damage assessment process for public infrastructure and public facilities, as well as privately owned homes and businesses, and have worked closely with local and state emergency management organizations as part of this process. In fact, we maintain an in-house team of professional estimators specifically trained to provide this service.
Risk Management Consulting Services
The risk management consultants at AIC, LLC work to minimize your exposure to financial loss through customized programs that address your specific tolerance for loss. For over a quarter century we have handled intricate claims of all sizes. We apply our experience and expertise in several key ways, working solely for the policyholder — never for the insurance company.
We offer services such as Risk Management Audit, Insurance Program Marketing, and Building Replacement Cost & Business Interruption Valuation. We also provide consulting services to states and sub-recipients related to FEMA’s Obtain & Maintain Insurance requirement. Our independent risk management services include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial building replacement cost valuation
- Insurance policy review and recommendations
- Insurance specification development and renewal analysis
- Development of claim handling procedures manual
- FEMA insurance waiver analysis
- Risk management information systems evaluation and recommendation
- Third-Party Administrator (TPA) selection and evaluation
- TPA auditing
- Insurance Producer (Agent) of Record selection and evaluation
- Contract and lease negotiation and review
- Loss control evaluation and recommendation
- Safety workplace analysis
- Safety training
- Total cost of risk development and analysis
- Alternative risk financing study
Since 1996, AIC, LLC has provided direct grant management consulting services to more than 100 sub-recipients. Our team’s past experience includes the following highlights:
- Guided more than 40 local public agencies throughout the Gulf Coast to successful recoveries following the 2004, 2005 and 2008 hurricane seasons, including Monroe County, Lee County, the City of Fort Myers, City of Sanibel, and Islamorada in Florida; the City of New Orleans, Port of New Orleans, New Orleans Sewerage & Water Board, City of Slidell, and Jefferson Parish in Louisiana; and Jefferson County, the Port of Houston and the Houston Independent School District in Texas.
- Guided clients such as the Cedar Rapids Community School District, City of Cedar Rapids, and Linn County in Iowa through their recovery from more than $1 billion in damages following the 2008 floods.
- Came to the assistance of the City of New Orleans nearly a year after Hurricane Katrina to help the City identify and correct issues with their FEMA and insurance claims. This process required the review and tracking of more than 950 PWs representing more than one-half billion dollars in grant funding, managing FEMA-State communications and correspondence for the City’s Capital Projects Administration, addressing numerous environmental and historical concerns related to projects, and undertaking appeals and/or dispute resolution regarding contentious issues facing the City. We also increased the City’s insurance claim nearly $37 million over initial insurance company estimates.
- Coordinated the recovery from FEMA of approximately $100 million in disaster-related damage for the Mississippi State Port Authority, including compiling more than 60 PWs – approximately 28 for alternate and improved projects -- and more than doubling the amount of the Port’s insurance claim from the initial insurance company offer to final settlement.
- Assisted the Mississippi Emergency Management Agency to advocate for use of the Cost Estimating Format following Hurricane Katrina, resulting in an average increase in funding to sub-recipients of 60 percent – which translated into an increase of $45 million in funding for just one of our clients.
- Provided public assistance support staff to the State of New York since 2004, including in 2007 programmatic support for five simultaneous flooding disasters requiring at its peak more than 160 trained personnel and in 2012 a full-scale recovery operation in response to Hurricane Sandy. Including Hurricane Sandy, we will have handled nearly $5 billion in eligible damages and processed nearly 20,000 project worksheets.
- Named to the Governor’s Task Force on Damage Assessment following the 1995 Oklahoma City Bombing (DR-1048-OK); deployed a skilled team to quantify damages to more than 320 buildings in a two-week timeframe for a total estimated impact to the City of $652 million.