Eastex Telephone Cooperative, Inc. is dedicated to delivering advanced telecommunications, particularly broadband internet services to the Henderson, Livingston, and Waskom areas of Texas.
Eastex Telephone Cooperative, Inc., is proud to offer broadband through Eastex Net to OMNIA Partners organizations.
TEA Connect TX Program
OMNIA Partners and Region 4 ESC partner with TEA Connect Texas to provide home-based broadband internet to TX students
Operation Connectivity was formed in May of 2020 as a joint effort between Governor Greg Abbott, the Texas Legislature, the Texas Education Agency (TEA), DISD and ESC Region 4 to connect Texas's 5.5 million public school students with an e-learning device and reliable internet connection sufficient for learning.
What is TEA Connect Texas?
TEACT is a statewide, TEA-led initiative to support LEAs that seek to provide home-based broadband internet access to their students.
TEACT facilitates the acquisition of fixed lines through bulk purchase at the State level, taking advantage of discounted rates which Region 4 is negotiating on behalf of Texas school systems
TEACT facilitates the fixed line installation process for LEAs by working as a liaison between the LEAs, the ISPs and eligible families to ensure successful and expedited access to service
TEACT provides a robust implementation and customer support team for LEAs who want to participate in a home-based broadband roll-out program in their district but who may not have the available personnel or resources to administer such a program themselves
In the News
- Operation Connectivity: Initial connectivity guidance for LEAs (SY 2020-2021)
- Texas Education Agency Looks to Secure Multiple ISPs for Connect Texas Program
- Comcast and the Texas Education Agency Team Up to Connect Students and Families with Internet Access
- TEA Connect TX Radio Interview - Gaby Rowe, Grow Associates LLC
- TEA Connect TX Radio Interview - Melinda Little, Comcast Internet Essentials
Visit Supplier Website