Grasshopper provides grounds maintenance solutions including a wide selection of True ZeroTurn™ mowers that accept several all-season implements for a perfect year-round grounds maintenance machine.
- Compared to conventional steering-wheel designs, a Grasshopper zero-turn radius mower can save 30-50% mowing time
- Design-matched hydraulic transmissions using Grasshopper Cool Temp Hydro-Max™ hydrostatic fluid can run 1,000 hours between transmission oil changes – up to three times longer than many competitors' mowers
- Grasshopper design-matched hydraulic drive systems allow more power to be applied to the cutting decks in order to get jobs done faster while delivering professional results
- The exclusive PowerFold® feature on FrontMount™ decks raises the front of the deck to a near vertical position for easy cleaning and blade replacement
- Grasshopper diesel mowers, running on clean diesel fuel, burn cleaner than propane- or gasoline-powered mowers while consuming up to 50 percent less fuel, have more torque to mow through heavy grass faster and emit fewer greenhouse gasses than propane mowers
- FrontMount™ decks easily reach under trees and low-hanging obstacles to reduce the need for secondary trimming
- Mowers are easy to maintain with easy access to components and fewer grease points than other mowers
- Grasshopper is committed to many environmental initiatives including power coat paint, and many manufacturing processes to reduce raw material consumption, maximize recycling and reduce material waste. Mowers are delivered with sealed and maintenance-free batteries
Grasshopper mowers can be customized to meet your specific needs with choices of fuel, engines and horsepower, and cutting widths. All mowers are CARB and Tier 4 Final-compliant and meet ANSI B71.4 and OSHA 1928 standards.
- Gasoline-powered, air-cooled Grasshopper mowers with V-twin engine choices from 724 cc (24 hp) to 993 cc (35 hp), and cutting decks ranging from 41 inches to 72 inches.
- Gasoline-powered, liquid-cooled Grasshopper mowers with 3-cylinder, 962 cc (29 or 32 hp) engines, and cutting deck from 52 inches to 72 inches.
- Diesel-powered, liquid-cooled Grasshopper mowers with 3-cylinder engine choices of 719 cc (21 hp) and 898 cc (25 hp), and cutting decks from 48 inches to 72 inches.
- Gasoline-powered, air-cooled Grasshopper mowers with V-twin engine sizes ranging from 694 cc (23 hp) to 993 cc (35 hp), and cutting decks available from 48 inches to 72 inches.
- Gasoline, liquid-cooled Grasshopper mowers with 3-cylinder engine sizes of 962 cc (29 or 32 hp), and cutting decks from 52 inches to 72 inches.
- Diesel, liquid-cooled Grasshopper mowers with 3-cylinder engine choices of 719 cc (21 hp) and 898 cc (25 hp), and cutting decks from 48 inches to 72 inches.
- We offer diesel-powered options in both our MidMount™ and FrontMount™ mowers in addition to gasoline.
- Much has been written about alternative fuels. Did you know that running clean diesel is the best alternative? Grasshopper was the first in the industry to put diesel engines on zero-turn mowers back in 1983.
- The benefits of diesel begin with lower emissions – lower than propane! Another benefit of diesel power includes increased productivity thanks to its higher torque that lets you power through heavier or wet grass at faster ground speeds without sacrificing cut quality.
- The benefits don’t stop there. Grasshopper MaxTorque™ diesel mowers feature significant fuel savings, and diesel engines are more durable and last longer than either gasoline or propane engines.
PowerVac Collections Systems
- PowerVac™ Collection Systems are available for every Grasshopper zero-turn mower. They efficiently pick up grass, leaves and other debris leaving a professional, finished cut when you mow.
- Each system features a deck-driven vacuum with a trash-ingesting steel impeller that collects clippings and debris as they are discharged by the blades and propels them into a choice of rear-mounted collectors in choices of mesh bag or metal hoppers. Capacities range from 8 to 25 cu. ft.
- The metal hoppers can be emptied from the operator’s seat.
- The HighLift™ 15B collector electrically raises 72 inches to easily empty into truck beds.
Rugged DuraMax Decks
- Cutting decks are 5.5 inches deep and deliver a manicured cut that is sure to satisfy your constituency thanks to superior airflow.
- One deck does it all and can convert from side discharge to DownDischarge™ mulching or vacuum collection without requiring a dedicated deck.
- Exclusive PowerFold® electric deck lift on FrontMount™ decks raises the front of the deck to a near vertical position for easy cleaning and blade replacement.
- The anvil-edge design on the front of the deck includes an additional layer of formed steel angled around the bottom of the leading edge making it 1/2-inch thick for long-lasting performance.
- Massive 8-inch Sentry™ spindles are anchored to double layers of robotically welded steel forming a nearly one-inch-thick spindle plane.
- Dedicated rear discharge decks let you trim on either side of the deck while putting clippings on the grass and off sidewalks and parking lots, and out of flower beds.
Implements & Accessories
Productivity Solutions for FrontMount™ Models
- AERA-vator™ for coreless aeration that leaves no cores to clean up. Available in 40- and 60-inch sizes.
- Dozer Blades with choices of 48- and 60-inch widths that angle 25 degrees left or right.
- Rotary Brooms available in 48- and 60-inch widths. Manual or powered versions that angle 25 degrees left or right or straight ahead.
- Snowthrowers available in 48- or 60-inch widths. These single-stage units will throw snow up to 30 feet.
- The Turbine Blower with rotating blower nozzle generates up to a 150-mph air velocity to move large piles of debris.
- The 60-inch V-plow makes quick work of cleaning sidewalks by moving snow in two directions at the same time eliminating the need for a second pass.
- Fully-enclosed Metal Winter Cab protects the operator from the elements. Joystick control mounted on the steering lever provides full control of the Snowthrower, Rotary Broom, Dozer Blade or V-plow from the comfort of the cab.
Productivity Solutions for MidMount™ and FrontMount™ Models
- Edge-EZE™Edger mounts on either side of the mowing deck to maintain clean, sharp edges along sidewalks, roadways and driveways while reducing trimming and edging time up to 75 percent.
- Shielded Sprayers double or triple spraying efficiency by delivering a fine mist on vegetation even in windy conditions thanks to the spray shield. Available in 132-inch (FrontMount™ only) and 53-inch widths.
- Sunshade Canopy shields the operator from direct sunlight and reduces eye strain. Available in lightweight, water repellent and UV-resistant vinyl or diamond-plated aluminum. Easily mounts on the ROPS.
- Tine-Rake™Dethatcher mounts on the front of the deck and uses spring steel tines in a unified raking motion to remove large amounts of thatch. Available in 46-inch and 60-inch models. Combine with our PowerVac™ Collection Systems to dethatch and pick up in one pass.
The Grasshopper Company is committed to a cleaner environment and conservation. Our Tier-4 Final-compliant diesel-powered mowers use less fuel and are better for the environment than gasoline- or propane-powered ones. Learn more about diesel with our white paper, The Case for Diesel. Our manufacturing processes are designed to reduce waste and are environmentally responsible using processes such as a powder coat paint line.