A group purchasing organization (GPO) streamlines your procurement process and increases your buying power through its wide-reaching network. The group purchasing model combines the spend of businesses from diverse industries to achieve better pricing, service levels, and account representation from suppliers.
Leverage group purchasing in your procurement strategy to receive speed to savings and immediate access to industry-leading solutions. When you partner with a GPO and use its competitive contracts, your company gains more spend under management while transforming your supply chain.
Group purchasing organizations can narrow the scope of priorities for procurement as they take on and deliver on the most important value drivers. In our guide, “Reshaping the Future of Purchasing,” you’ll discover the benefits and value-added drivers that you'll gain through GPO membership:
- Greater savings, more quickly and for longer
- Reduced risk
- Streamlined and cost-effective procurement
- Products and services for optimized supply chain management
CASE STUDY: OMNIA Partners Beats the Competition with Winning Solutions
A $5B Manufacturing brand was interested in optimizing their recurring spend and consolidating agreements across 9+ spend categories. With a consultant they formalized a RFP to be sent to several GPOs that outlined these critical evaluation areas (and more):
- Category Coverage
- Total Cost Savings Potential
- Business Alignment with GPO Strategy
- Supplier Fit & Ability to Work within Current Incumbent Relationships
- Change Management & Implementation Support
- Onboarding Systems & Training
- Savings Tracking & Compliance Enforcement