NetApp® is a leader in building data center solutions to help your organization improve performance, increase efficiency and lower costs. Data center transformation is where NetApp can really make a difference with our scalable storage portfolio and Data ONTAP® operating system. Storage is a critical aspect to an effective infrastructure. Organizations can use NetApp as an effective solution providing a competitive edge to drive down costs and improve client services while using data to make better decisions.
Today’s storage solutions must be unified and simple to manage and they must also provide an efficient indexing and retrieval capability to eliminate duplication while maximizing physical storage capacity. NetApp solutions can help wireducing costs and becoming energy efficient.
Your data is growing at unpredictable rates. Our infrastructure offers seamless scalability to meet the changing needs of every department and application— without disrupting operations. Your days of overprovisioning and wasted storage space are over
NetApp solutions make it easy to comply with local and state retention regulations. Our data classification features let you automatically tag and move data to the infrastructure that delivers the appropriate compliance requirements. From data permanence, to data security, to auditability, we offer solid, cost-effective compliance solutions.
To learn more about how you can transform your data center, contact Insight Public Sector.
- NetApp is the #1 storage provider to the U.S. government
- NetApp is the storage provider to 40 out of the largest 50 cities in the United States.
- Hundreds of NetApp employees nationwide are dedicated to the public sector.
- NetApp’s technology solutions improve data management at all government levels.
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract’s approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Technology Products, Services, Solutions and Related Products and Services
Fairfax County, VA
Contract Number: 4400006644
3 year initial term, May 1, 2016 – April 30, 2019
Option to renew for (4) additional (1) year periods or any combination thereof
The contract is renewed for two (2) years, effective May 1, 2021 through April 30, 2023
- Contract 4400006644 Insight
- Contract Amendments
- Contract Amendment - Contract Renewal
- Manufacturers, Publishers & Suppliers
- RFP 2000001701
- RFP 2000001401 Addendum 1
- RFP 2000001401 Addendum 2
- RFP 2000001401 Addendum 3
- RFP 2000001701 Posting Document
Government organizations are inundated by data coming from sensors, videos, call logs, social media, mobile devices, and more. NetApp® solutions help you store, process, and analyze your big data and gain strategic insights.
Our Data ONTAP® OS lets you connect data management environments from disparate silos into a cohesive, integrated whole: a data fabric. You can manage data at scale, for secure and effective big data storage, processing, and utilization. NetApp provides scalable solutions for extremely data-intensive operations.
Unstructured storage. Use innovative NetApp storage solutions for your unstructured big data workloads with Hadoop or Splunk.
Structured analytics. Leverage NetApp proven performance to gain real-time insights from your workload databases, enterprise applications, and structured data.
Public safety and digital evidence. Manage and analyze the vast quantities of data from video surveillance, body-worn cameras, and in-car video used to ensure public safety. Build a cost-effective video evidence infrastructure that centralizes management, automates operations, enhances video evidence protection, and ensures continuous availability.
As data security threats increase in number and sophistication, federal, state, and local government agencies must remain vigilant. At the same time, agencies rely on the exchange of data to operate. NetApp takes a comprehensive approach to data protection that helps balance the need for data access with the need to protect that data from attackers. NetApp data protection technologies and solutions help government agencies:
- Keep data protected and trusted-but still accessible.
- Know how their data is being used.
- Minimize the risk that data will be lost in the event of an attack.
- Identify and defeat advanced persistent threats.
We help agencies and organizations maintain:
- Confidentiality. We provide technologies for encryption and secure multi-tenancy.
- Integrity. Our solutions help manage data integrity, including storage-based intrusion detection system (IDS) technology and rapid IAVA compliance.
- Availability. NetApp solutions such as rapid cyber provisioning and disaster recovery help you recover fast from natural disasters or cyber attacks.
Gain the freedom to deliver IT on your terms. Build on our Data Fabric vision and the unified, scale-out storage platform of the NetApp® Data ONTAP® operating system and its software-defined architecture to:
- Expand across your choice of cloud or on-premises resources.
- Adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Follow a clear path to private, public, and hybrid clouds.
- Scale workloads dynamically.
- Unlock cloud efficiencies.
- Unleash the power of flash to speed application performance.
Other NetApp data
- FlexPod® converged infrastructure.
Prevalidatedstorage, networking, and server technologies, developed by NetApp and Cisco
:RAIL. A software-defined infrastructure to enable cloud computing for all mission-critical data
- Backup and recovery. Technologies to safeguard critical data, drive operational efficiencies, reduce backup time, improve data recovery, and cut infrastructure and administrative costs
- Enterprise application solutions. Predictable, efficient application performance that eliminates downtime and increases productivity for Oracle®, SAP®, VMware®, Microsoft®, and other enterprise applications
- Flash. NetApp all-flash arrays for fast, consistent response times to accelerate high-performance databases
Federal, state, and local government agencies are adopting hybrid cloud computing for its economic and technical benefits. But this mixture of cloud and on-premises environments can create isolated, incompatible data silos.
A data fabric powered by NetApp seamlessly connects disparate IT environments into a cohesive, integrated whole. Maintain control and choice as you manage, secure, and move your data across the hybrid cloud.
NetApp hybrid cloud solutions help you:
- Do more with less in the face of fast-changing IT landscapes and increasing budget constraints.
- Achieve scalable, on-demand cloud-computing services with an efficient, flexible IT infrastructure.
- Back up data to any cloud at up to 90% less cost than on-premises solutions. NetApp AltaVault® cloud-integrated storage can preserve your investments in existing data backup infrastructure.
Find out how NetApp is helping to build a data-driven government: leading the way with proven technologies that power cloud infrastructures now and in the future.
Data is increasing ever faster, budgets are tight, and today's mobile workforce requires anytime, anywhere access. NetApp helps public sector organizations respond to these challenges through:
- Data center optimization. Modernize your data center and maximize agility with the NetApp clustered Data ONTAP® operating system.
- NetApp solutions for virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI). Allow workers to be productive from anywhere, on any device. Mobile desktop solutions enable centralized deployment and management of virtual desktop environments.
- Server virtualization. Virtualize your data center storage and management with a nondisruptive, scalable, and secure infrastructure.
- Blended solutions from leading virtualization vendors. Optimize desktop virtualization performance and cost-effectiveness across all phases of complex, variable workloads and for all data types.
- Storage at the edge. The low-cost Data ONTAP Edge, running in a virtual machine on the VMware® vSphere® platform, delivers enterprise-class data management and protection to remote offices. Deploy video surveillance and other enterprise applications in environments without dedicated storage systems.
NetApp Enterprise-Scale Hyper Converged Infrastructure (HCI) solutions from Insight, we can help your organization achieve guaranteed performance, increase agility and leverage automation to empower IT operations.
Reduce Total Cost of Ownership
- Buy 50% less storage.
- Save 50% on power, cooling, and space costs.
Meet Demand for E-Services
- Scale easily to offer expanded and improved services.
- Offer support for services in the cloud. Provide Service Continuity
- Keep critical services up and running 24/7.
- Recover from any disaster with no data loss.
Protect Sensitive Data
- Prevent unauthorized access to data.
- Meet compliance regulations. Get Multicloud Data Mobility.
- Safely and securely expand your cloud choices to meet your needs.
- Achieve seamless data management across public and private cloud resources.
Promote an Open Government
- Increase open government transparency and efficiency with big data analytics.
- Enable more effective and responsive services with data driven insight.
To utilize NetApp through the Insight Public Sector technology solutions contract, you must be registered as a participating agency with OMNIA Partners. There is no cost for membership, no user fees or commitments. OMNIA Partners is open to states, state agencies, counties, cities, schools, colleges and universities, non-profit organizations and special districts. If you are already registered, please contact Insight Public Sector.
- To place an order online, you must first have an account with Insight and a web login ID and password. If you do not have a login ID, please contact your sales representative by phone or email to request one.
- Once you have your login information, visitwww.ips.insight.com/omnia to enter in your user ID name and password.
- To locate a product, click on the product categories at the top of the page, or enter the manufacturer’s part number or keyword in the Search box. To select a product to order, click on Add to Order. Please contact your sales team if you cannot locate an item on our site and/or for volume pricing.
- Once you have finished shopping, proceed to the checkout screens and follow the instructions as needed to complete your order.
NetApp products and services are competitively priced through the Insight Public Sector contract. Insight Public Sector's competitively-solicited OMNIA Partners contract assures you of Insight’s best overall government pricing on our broad portfolio of products and IT service solutions.
Is the Insight Public Sector contract competitively-solicited?
The OMNIA Partners technology contract was awarded after the lead public agency, Fairfax County, Virginia, completed a competitive solicitation and thorough evaluation process and is available for nationwide use. NetApp was named in the award under Insight Public Sector. For additional contract details, please see the Insight Public Sector contract.
If my agency already has an account with Insight Public Sector, do I need to set up a new account?
No. Contact your Insight Public Sector Account Manager to have the OMNIA Partners program linked to your existing account.
NetApp® Video Surveillance Storage solutions provide an easy way to maintain this data for extended periods of time with limited budgets. Learn More.
Learn the best practices for developing, funding, procuring and deploying your next technology project with Insight Public Sector and NetApp using the OMNIA Partners contract. Watch the on-demand video.
Insight's Flexpod Solution Streamlined the City of Avondale's IT Environment