Medline is a healthcare company; a manufacturer, distributor, and solutions provider focused on improving the overall operating performance of healthcare. Partnering with healthcare systems and facilities across the continuum of care, Medline provides the clinical and supply chain resources required for long-term financial viability in delivering high-quality care. With the scale of one of the country’s largest companies and the agility of a family-led business, Medline is able to invest in its customers for the future and rapidly respond to a dynamically changing market with customized solutions.
OMNIA Partners works to connect the public sector to collective buying power. Our Medline cooperative contract provides medical and surgical supplies to public sector agencies. When organizations choose Medline cooperative contracts through OMNIA Partners, they will receive savings and value that goes beyond costs. By using cooperative contracts, the cost of goods and services are ultimately reduced by aggregating the purchasing power of public agencies nationwide. As a Medline partner, OMNIA Partners is dedicated to bringing cost-effective medical and surgical solutions to the public sector.
Founded in 1966, Medline’s roots date back to 1910 when A.L. Mills, the great grandfather of the current owners, started sewing butcher’s aprons in Chicago. He was approached by nuns from a nearby hospital who worked as both nurses and seamstresses who asked his help with the sewing of the surgeons’ gowns and nurse’s uniforms. Medline continues to be the leading supplier of gowns and scrubs to the healthcare industry. Medline manufactures and distributes more than 300,000 medical devices and support services through more than 1,700 sales representatives who are dedicated points of contact for customers across the continuum of care, including hospitals, nursing homes, surgery centers, physician offices, home care dealers, home health agencies and retail outlets.
Family-led since 1910, Medline is managed by the fourth generation of the Mills family: Charlie Mills, chief executive officer; Andy Mills, president; and Jim Abrams, chief operating officer. All assumed management in 1997.
Medical and Surgical Supplies
University of California, CA
Contract Number: 2021003157
Initial award from November 3, 2021 through November 2, 2026 with the option to renew for three (3) additional one (1) year periods through November 2, 2029.
Master Agreement Documents
- $17.5 billion in overall annual sales; 50+ years of consecutive revenue growth
- Headquartered in Northfield, Illinois, Medline employs more than 27,000 employees worldwide and conducts business in more than 125 countries and territories
- Distributes more than 300,000 medical products from 50+ distribution centers across North America
- Operates more than 25 different product divisions to serve entire continuum of care including:
|Advanced Wound Care|
Equipment & Furnishings
Foot & Ankle
Minor Procedure Kits
- 20+ manufacturing facilities in the U.S. spanning incontinence products, lotions, infection prevention products, patient plastics, raw materials and OTCs
- 50+ distribution centers with over 23 million square feet of space
- Own and operate more than 1,200 MedTrans trucks o Nearly 75% of U.S. sales are transported on those trucks, which drove more than 46 million miles in 2020
- Medline does business in more than 125 countries and territories
Commitment to Positive Social & Environmental Impact
- In 2020, donating needed medical supplies to international aid organizations, Medline gifted the equivalent of 513 metric tons of product valued at more than $4.6MM
- Skills-based volunteer program, lending employee expertise in global healthsettings
- 760+ Service Corps members committed to making a positive social and environmental impact
- Diverted more than 1 million pounds of waste from the landfill in 2020, reprocessing more than 5.4MM instruments through our ReNewal Reprocessing program
- A Sustainable Packaging Lab, consisting of a cross-functional team that reimagines packaging for a more sustainable future
- Our Green Product Portfolio, making the search for sustainable products simple
- Since 2016, Medline has invested $12.6MM in solar energy globally
- 94% of Medline distribution space is LEED certified, and nine locations are certified to ISO 14001
- Five active Employee Resource Groups
- Ethical Sourcing Program committed to implementing systems and controls to prevent slavery, forced labor and human trafficking from occurring