Established in 1991 as one of the first full service playground surface installers, Robertson has become the largest poured in place provider in the US and an industry leader in playful ground covering. Our years of experience and know-how enhance our level of service to bring you expert evaluations, compliant installations, preventative and reliable maintenance, in addition to top quality products delivered directly to your location from our centers. Our passion is working with parks, municipalities, schools, and communities to provide safer surfaces for all to enjoy.
Our selection cannot be beat! Robertson Recreational Surfaces strives to go "Beyond Compliance" in product development and installations by going the extra mile to not only meet national standards, but exceed those standards when possible. Whether it's synthetic grass or industry leading Tot Turf® Poured in Place Rubber, Robertson offers material options no matter your budget or space needs.
Robertson utilizes a perfected technique of stepping seams connecting color joints to prevent excess splitting in your surface. Our regional service centers train our employees to ensure installations and maintenance work is done to meet your expectations and in a professional manner.
As an authorized dealer under the OMNIA Partners Contract, Sport Surface Specialties, also a PlayCore Company, will provide you with the same industry leading product and services.
At Robertson and Sport Surface, our priority is safer surfaces. We ensure the highest compliance in all our work. In striving to go "Beyond Compliance", our companies partner with IPEMA to meet certification requirements.
Robertson provides surfacing solutions for:
- Recreational spaces
- Community gathering areas
- Multi-family housing
- Dog parks
- Multi-sport athletic grounds
- Daycares and educational facilities
- Water play areas
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract’s approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Sports Surfaces, Installation and Related Materials
Region 4 ESC - TX
Contract Number: R162204
June 1, 2017 through May 31, 2020
Option to renew for two (2) additional one-year periods through May 31, 2022
RENEWED THROUGH May 31, 2022
Master Agreement Docs
- Official Signed Contract
- Contract Award Letter
- Contract Award Documents
- Contract Renewal 1
- Contract Renewal 2
- Contract Update 1
- Contract Update 2
- Contract Update 3
- Contract Update 4
- Contract Update 5
Our priority is safer surfaces. We ensure the highest compliance in all our work. In striving to go "Beyond Compliance", we are an active IPEMA member and our play surfaces are IPEMA certified.
Develops technical standards utilized in testing playground equipment.
Provide third party Product Certification services for US and Canadian public play equipment and public safety surfacing material in the US.
Government agency charged with protecting the public from unreasonable risks of injury or death associated with the use of consumer products under the agency's jurisdiction.
- ASTM F-1292: Standard Specification for Impact Attenuation of Surfacing Materials Within the Use Zone of Playground Equipment
- ASTM F-2075: Standard Specification for Engineered Wood Fiber for Use as a Playground Safety Surface Under and Around Playground Equipment
- ASTM F2223: Standard Guide for ASTM Standards on Playground Surfacing
- ASTM F1951: Standard Specification for Determination of Accessibility of Surface Systems Under and Around Playground Equipment
- Highly accessible allowing for recreation for all abilities.
- Ideal for colorful, themed graphics for added play value for your space.
- Long lasting and durable with minimal routine maintenance.
- System is comprised of layers to meet critical fall height attenuation standards.
- Attenuating layer is Robertson's own, in-house produced rubber "buffings".
- Buffings are made of clean, recycled tire rubber and are installed per your equipment's CFH requirements.
- Should be installed over asphalt, concrete, or compacted sub-base aggregate.
- Available in a variety of colors and combinations to meet your budget and creative expectations.
Download the PIP Color Options
Download the PIP Color Options
- Low maintenance alternative to real grass.
- Lush natural look of grass but attenuating for children at play.
- Drains quickly for dry activity after rainfall.
- Also great for business parks, hospitality common areas, and general recreation spaces.
- Featuring SILVERBACK™ Quiet Strength Backing, specifically manufactured back lining to prevent extensive turf rutting and damage.
- Cushion layer to be installed to meet equipment's specific CFH requirements.
- Featuring Robertson buffings for top of the line attenuating properties.
- Available in varying heights and colors to fulfill specific space needs.
- Includes acrylic coated sand infill - NO CRUMB RUBBER
- Upgrade any system with Envirofill™ for added bacterial protection.
- Interlocking Rubber Tiles are designed for playground and recreational use.
- Equipped with a built-in alignment foot which allows for precise installation
- Specialized locking mechanism runs the entire perimeter to provide a more secure installation and will help minimize any curling or tile separation
- Unique bottom design provides structural integrity, a strong, stable footprint, excellent shock absorption, and proper load dispersion
- Available in 1.5 – 4.25” thickness – based on fall height requirements up to 10’
- Ramps and other accessories available to meet accessibility requirements
- System to be installed over concrete or asphalt
- Tiles are offered in an array of different surface colors in your choice of EPDM of Buffing Top options
Download the Rubber Interlocking Tiles Color Chart
Dura Turf Bonded by Sport Surface Specialties offers a traditional, natural look to your surface. Dura Turf Bonded uses premium 100% recycled shredded rubber, and offers a variety of color options that gives you the look of shredded natural fiber mulch, without the maintenance of loose mulch. This one layer process that still allows for simple graphic and color combinations making your surface one of a kind, while still meeting or exceeding the industry standards for safety.
- Offers a traditional, natural look
- Uses premium 100% recycled shreeded rubber
- Natural fiber mulch, without the maintenance of loose mulch
- One layer system
- Can be laid over aggregate, concrete or asphalt
- Natural variety of color options
- Meets the industry standards for safety
Download the PIP Color Options
- Made from specific plastic that is made to perform in chlorine environments
- Resists fading and degradation due to sun exposure
- Closed cell technology locks out food, fungus, and bodily fluids
- Bold colors look crisp wand bright from day one due to non-ambering resin
- Hand-troweled in place by trained and certified installers
- Concrete sub-base required
- 5 pre-selected color combinations available
Looking for something else? Robertson Recreational Surfaces and Sports Surface Specialties can help you find the perfect solution to meet your budget. We also can supply Engineered Wood Fiber (EWF) and Loose Fill Rubber. Contact us to learn if these solutions meet your needs.
Download the Color Options