Sterling is a leading global provider of background and identity services, offering background and identity verification services to help over 50,000 clients create people-first cultures built on a foundation of trust and safety. Sterling’s tech-enabled services help organizations across all industries and regions establish great environments for their workers, partners, and customers. With operations in North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Sterling conducted more than 110 million searches in the twelve months ending December 31, 2022.
OMNIA Partners Members have access to a robust suite of hiring services tailored to fit your industry’s unique needs. Government, educational and nonprofit institutions face a critical need to be secure in their hiring decisions. These employees regularly interact with the public, often vulnerable populations like students or the elderly, and may be involved with safety-sensitive locations and information.
Additionally, Sterling is available on a competitively-solicited, publicly-awarded cooperative contract, giving participating agencies the option to circumvent the RFP process. Find out how Sterling and OMNIA Partners can help improve your hiring processes and your bottom line.
Comprehensive Background Screening & Monitoring
Built On Trust. Discover the difference that's making the world a safer place. It's all about people.
As a global leader in background and identity services, Sterling can help provide everything your organization needs to hire with confidence. With a vision to make the world a safer place, we know people make the difference - in the workplace, on the road, and in schools, to name a few.
Empowering organizations to make smarter, faster, safer hiring decisions through advanced technology, accuracy, and industry-leading turnaround time, Sterling provides the foundation of trust and safety our clients need to create great environments for their most essential resource, people.
Participating agencies can leverage this competitively-solicited and publicly-awarded contract, providing exceptional savings to public sector agencies across the country.
Government and educational institutions face a critical need to be secure in their hiring decisions. Employees regularly interact with the public and may be involved with safety-sensitive locations and information or work with vulnerable populations.
Across all levels of government, employees must provide a positive and professional experience for constituents. A key part of this equation is knowing the backgrounds of the people you hire. Whether your employees work on your infrastructure, handle finance or anything in between, Sterling’s employee background checks help ensure all candidates brought in for sensitive roles are trustworthy.
Academic settings, from preschools to universities, are unique communities where personal relationships are critical. Inviting full-time, part-time or contract employees into your classrooms or campus involves specialized requirements to maintain a safe environment to maintain your community’s confidence. When placing students in internships or employment affiliated with a degree in a program, Sterling Student, a unique background screening solution, provides value and confidence to leading universities.
Why Companies Choose Sterling
- Market Leader: Our deep national and regional expertise, local service proficiency, and reliable fulfillment capabilities help you hire at scale.
- Verticalized Approach: Our services are tailored to meet the specific needs of our clients’ businesses and industries.
- Powerful Technology: We strive to be at the forefront of innovation and continually invest in tech-enabled services for simplified client and candidate experiences, robust integrations, and fast turnaround times.
- Client-Centric Products: Our innovative, scalable, and customized solutions that help improve processes and speed.
- Identity Verification
- Criminal Background Checks
- Drug & Health Screening
- Social Security Number Trace
- Education & Employment Verification
- Motor Vehicle Record Checks (including DOT)
- Executive Investigations
- Sanctions, Risk, & Compliance Checks
- Form I-9 & E-Verify
- Worker Monitoring
- Sanctions, Risks, & Compliance Checks
- Drug & Health Screening/Random Testing
Government roles may vary greatly with their interactions with the public and the sensitivities associated with those relationships. Defined bundles, combined with flexibility to meet the exact needs of your government organizations, provide a custom fit. Typical categories include:
- Main line staff and hourly workers
- Entry level management and supervisors
- Premium, for director or executive levels
Colleges and University populations cover a wide range of different roles and jobs titles. Defined bundles, combined with flexibility to meet the exact needs on your campus, provide a custom fit. Typical categories include:
- Campus Support
- Premium, for Chancellor’s office and other Administrators
Platform Features & Benefits
- Complete Solution: Sterling helps you meet all of your needs with a full suite of hiring services available in a single platform, with consolidated invoicing options, and simple, efficient reporting.
- Speed & Compliance: Sterling’s powerful cloud-based platforms and proprietary technology delivers industry-leading turnaround times, with high levels of quality controls paired with deep industry knowledge of global compliance regulations and laws for fast, safe, and accurate hiring.
- Improved Experiences: Our modern, engaging, and mobile-responsive Candidate and Client Hubs take the complexity out of hiring by helping you manage background screening tasks with ease and faster than ever.