The Public Surplus online auction system was created with unique capabilities exclusively for public agencies. We are confident that our solution will generate more revenue, increase transparency, and reduce the overhead of your surplus operations. I have listed just a few of the many features that over 4,000 government agencies are taking advantage of today. I look forward to discussing these with your agency.
- Comply with state, federal, and local regulations: Designed specifically for government agencies you can rest assured that we designed our system to meet and exceed all regulations regarding surplus disposal for your agency.
- Simplicity: Simple navigation and ease of use, all without sacrificing powerful functionality.
- Large/Qualified Buyer Database: Increase the number of buyers from your own community and combine them with the largest database of qualified buyers for government agencies.
- Increase Revenue - typically 30% - 60% more net revenue when compared to live auctions. We consistently out perform our online competitors as well.
- NO COSTS: Our solution is easy on the budget. There is no cost to your agency when selling on Public SurplusTM. Free registration, free listing and free payment collections. All fees are paid by the buyer in the form of a buyer's premium and the agency will not be charged anything.
- Auction Extensions: Increase revenue and parity with our auction extensions. Everyone has an equal chance to compete while driving up the prices of your auctions.
- Specific and Customized Reporting: Our reporting solution is second to none. Let us surprise you with just how comprehensive and simple it is to pull auction data.
- Payment Collections: Let us take away the hassle of collecting payment from buyers.. Buyers can pay via credit card and wire transfers for convenience and security.
- Control: Live auctions and many online solutions leave government agencies powerless when selling their surplus assets. Public SurplusTM gives you and your agency complete control. Set reserve pricing; retract auctions, and so much more.
- Transparency: Increased visibility coupled with increased access are a winning combination for government agencies. We know of no other online solution that offers the level of transparency Public SurplusTM does.
- Customer Service: Unmatched customer service. Your agency will have a dedicated support representative to assist you at anytime during business hours. Whether it be for training or just simple questions on the value of an item you are listing, our support representatives are there to assist your agency.
Our brief 30-minute online presentation is the best way to show you the power of our online auction system when coupled with software designed specifically for public agencies. These presentations are done daily on Mikogo and we easily work around your busy schedule. Please let me know if you are interested in viewing one of these and I can get you signed up.
If you are ready to get started selling surplus, click on the link below and fill out the one page registration application. Once you have completed the application, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the registration process and obtain full access to the site.
U.S. Communities and National IPA, both wholly-owned subsidiaries of OMNIA Partners, have come together as OMNIA Partners, Public Sector. All public sector participants already registered with National IPA or U.S. Communities continue to have access to all contracts, with certain exceptions, in the portfolio and do not need to re-register to use a legacy National IPA, legacy U.S. Communities, or new OMNIA Partners contract. U.S. Communities and National IPA remain separate legal entities and lead agency contracts completed under each brand are effective and available for use through the contract’s approved term. In the event we believe re-registration is necessary for any reason, OMNIA Partners will let you know.
Online Auction Services
City of Tucson, AZ
Contract Number: 161468
August 8, 2016 through August 7, 2021
Option to renew for five (5) additional one-year periods or portions thereof for annual maintenance and professional consulting services through 2026
RENEWED THROUGH August 10, 2023 (with 3 renewal options still available)
Master Agreement Documents
Fully piggybackable contract for any agency that can use National IPA. The fee structure is 7% and the buyer pays this fee. You do not receive any sort of fee for using our system and we only collect a fee from the buyer on sold and paid items. There is no minimum fee charged.