Operation Connectivity was formed in May of 2020 as a joint effort between Governor Greg Abbott, the Texas Legislature, the Texas Education Agency (TEA), DISD and ESC Region 4 to connect Texas's 5.5 million public school students with an e-learning device and reliable internet connection sufficient for learning.
What is TEA Connect Texas?
TEACT is a statewide, TEA-led initiative to support LEAs that seek to provide home-based broadband internet access to their students.
TEACT facilitates the acquisition of fixed lines through bulk purchase at the State level, taking advantage of discounted rates which Region 4 is negotiating on behalf of Texas school systems
TEACT facilitates the fixed line installation process for LEAs by working as a liaison between the LEAs, the ISPs and eligible families to ensure successful and expedited access to service
TEACT provides a robust implementation and customer support team for LEAs who want to participate in a home-based broadband roll-out program in their district but who may not have the available personnel or resources to administer such a program themselves
In the News
- Operation Connectivity: Initial connectivity guidance for LEAs (SY 2020-2021)
- Texas Education Agency Looks to Secure Multiple ISPs for Connect Texas Program
- Press Release - Eastex Wins TEA Connect Contract
- Comcast and the Texas Education Agency Team Up to Connect Students and Families with Internet Access
- TEA Connect TX Radio Interview - Gaby Rowe, Grow Associates LLC
- TEA Connect TX Radio Interview - Melinda Little, Comcast Internet Essentials